Bullying by locals

Timx

Featured Posts

59 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

A child yes, but thinks she's an adult like a lot of teenagers do.

Wow ok, so a child as you put it because they are not an adult has no say....or right to an opinion. ?

I dont understand what this comment really reflects or refers too.

Edited by Matt&Jo

2 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Yes the mask is to protect others. Do you see the white square thing on her mask? That is a one way valve, such that when she breathes in the air is sucked through the mask material. When she breathes out, the breath (and any droplets) is directly ejected via the valve.

Im not blaming her for that folly, she is just one of a myriad of people completely failing to grasp the point.

The point Nick is that she is lucky to get any mask, Screwfix have been out of them for weeks, I have one, 2.5PM?

I don't really care if it is the correct thing, I wear it with safety glasses and gloves when likely to meet eedjits who don't even know the difference between two metres and twenty five centimetres.

At the recent visit to Tesco, thre were two employees standing at what I took to be an entry gate, chatting away, and about 1 metre apart. I walked between them, they did not get out of my way, so that I was about .0.5m from each of them. these are people who have had Tesco training on top of ten years in UK education, plus seven weeks of Stay at Home, protect the NHS, and most certainly are not ALERT. 

Edited by LadyG

, And you know what they say.     We end up similar as when we were born, outspoken and naughty, often tyranical and irrational,  height and size deminishes as well as the brain,   No hair, no teeth, can't see much, , often need nappies again, can't walk far, start crawling again and burbling and bubbling at the mouth.

• Greenie 2

25 minutes ago, LadyG said:

So now you don't lke teenagers or anyone who does not agree with your moral code/ethics/ethnicity/ religion/or wearing socks with sandals., pathetic.

I am glad she has overcome all the negative and spiteful comments on here, but has had to turn off comments.

I don't usually watch her stuff as it's not my style, but I subscribed and gave her a thumbs up, for courage in the face of adversary!

Keep going girl, don't let the old gits on here get you down.

Where did I say that?  You need to read what I said before making any comments.  She's a child making comments with a very limited experience of life as she'as not been around long enough to get that experience.

9 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Where did I say that?  You need to read what I said before making any comments.  She's a child making comments with a very limited experience of life as she'as not been around long enough to get that experience.

How do you know that? I'm 36 and I've done a lot seen a lot and went through some serious crap before the age of 13 so.....she has an opinion, you certainly do so she is due hers as you are yours. Just because your older does not mean yours should be listened to any more than hers, in fact yours are perhaps more deeply entrenched due to age so perhaps it is you who is less able to open yourself up to conflicting opinions and your ability to see both sides...note i said perhaps.

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 1

30 minutes ago, Matt&Jo said:

How do you know that? I'm 36 and I've done a lot seen a lot and went through some serious crap before the age of 13 so.....she has an opinion, you certainly do so she is due hers as you are yours. Just because your older does not mean yours should be listened to any more than hers, in fact yours are perhaps more deeply entrenched due to age so perhaps it is you who is less able to open yourself up to conflicting opinions and your ability to see both sides...note i said perhaps.

I spent 18 years of my life teaching teenagers, that's how I know.

I respect the teenage boater. She seems intelligent. I was way dumber when I was her age. Thankfully there was no internet, and my parents did not monetise my stupidity. Cant help thinking that her mom would have got way more adverse reaction if it was her channel.

Anyway 5 pages for a boring thread, its a slow day.

Edited by restlessnomad

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

The point Nick is that she is lucky to get any mask, Screwfix have been out of them for weeks, I have one, 2.5PM?

I don't really care if it is the correct thing, I wear it with safety glasses and gloves when likely to meet eedjits who don't even know the difference between two metres and twenty five centimetres.

At the recent visit to Tesco, thre were two employees standing at what I took to be an entry gate, chatting away, and about 1 metre apart. I walked between them, they did not get out of my way, so that I was about .0.5m from each of them. these are people who have had Tesco training on top of ten years in UK education, plus seven weeks of Stay at Home, protect the NHS, and most certainly are not ALERT. 

My point is that, bearing in mind the mask is there to protect others not her, she might as well not bother. Her and the thousands/ millions of others who are going around similarly attired! I suspect that a few layers of thin fabric fashioned into a mask would be far more effective - even a scarf!

Jeff mentioned this morning that M&S food halls are selling those hospital type disposable masks if you need some.

13 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

I respect the teenage boater. She seems intelligent. I was way dumber when I was her age. Thankfully there was no internet, and my parents did not monetise my stupidity. Cant help thinking that her mom would have got way more adverse reaction if it was her channel.

Anyway 5 pages for a boring thread, its a slow day.

Must admit, I also have some respect for her after looking at some of her other videos.  She’s documenting aspects of life on a boat, and shows her affection and interest in the waterways. 

She talks a bit too much for me ? but she’s captured some lovely footage on video. 

she’s more interesting than a lot of boring sods I’ve met on the cut and  if she has a rant now and again good for her

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

Reading beteen the lines, because that's what adults do ........ no one needs experience to know they should not be shouted at, out of control adults/dogs/children harassing them. I know it is wrong, you know it is wrong, every f*ckn person in the country knows it is wrong. It's also illegal.

In a public place it is Breach of the Peace, a crminal offence.

Edited by LadyG

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Reading beteen the lines, because that's what adults do ........ no one needs expeience to know they shouls not be shoutd at, out of control adults/dogs/children harassing them. I know it is wrong, you know it is wrong, every f*ckn person in the country knows it is wrong. It's also illegal. In a public place it is Breach of the Peace, a crminal offence.

I don’t think anyone’s condoning such behaviour. 

Edited by Goliath

19 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

My point is that, bearing in mind the mask is there to protect others not her, she might as well not bother. Her and the thousands/ millions of others who are going around similarly attired! I suspect that a few layers of thin fabric fashioned into a mask would be far more effective - even a scarf!

Jeff mentioned this morning that M&S food halls are selling those hospital type disposable masks if you need some.

No M&S in Goole, I'm quite happy with mine, if anyone sprays a sneeze on me it gives me some protection. I did wear a silk scarf before I got this one, the point is to make people AWARE, which is the same idea as ALERT.

21 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Thanks for the tip. 
I’m someone who needs some basic information on masks. I understand the principle of wearing one with the aim of not spreading one’s own germs. But Which are the best and what the options are I don’t have a clue. It’s something I’m gonna have to gat savvy with. 

10 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I don’t anyone’s condoning such behaviour. 

flyboy thinks one needs to be an adult before expressing an opinion.

Pity help the teenagers he baby sat.

I have found plenty of kids to have their own ideas, and I have even met babies who have there own ideas!

I would have thought opnions and experience are built like Lego bricks Indivduality should be encouraged, not squashed underfoot.  We don't want everyone to turn out lke flyboy [joking, well sort of].

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

No M&S in Goole, I'm quite happy with mine, if anyone sprays a sneeze on me it gives me some protection. I did wear a silk scarf before I got this one, the point is to make people AWARE, which is the same idea as ALERT.

Lots of scarf wearing numpties in Morrisons yesterday who didn’t seem to be aware of much, certainly not the concept of social distancing of what 2m looks like. All stood right next to each other in the aisles like it was 6 months ago. But it’s ok, most of them had their masks on so they’ll be fine.

9 minutes ago, Ianws said:

All stood right next to each other in the aisles like it was 6 months ago. But it’s ok, most of them had their masks on so they’ll be fine.

You're probably right; but isn't the type or grade of mask an important factor?

4 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Yes the mask is to protect others. Do you see the white square thing on her mask? That is a one way valve, such that when she breathes in the air is sucked through the mask material. When she breathes out, the breath (and any droplets) is directly ejected via the valve.

Im not blaming her for that folly, she is just one of a myriad of people completely failing to grasp the point.

So true, just like wearing under the nose

15 minutes ago, Ianws said:

Lots of scarf wearing numpties in Morrisons yesterday who didn’t seem to be aware of much, certainly not the concept of social distancing of what 2m looks like. All stood right next to each other in the aisles like it was 6 months ago. But it’s ok, most of them had their masks on so they’ll be fine.

In some countries the virus can only travel one meter

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Athy said:

You're probably right; but isn't the type or grade of mask an important factor?

Yes you get FFP1/2/3 donated by different coloured bands

FFP3 will protect you against asbestos fibres and silica dust bacteria etc

The statement about a one way valve is not strictly always true depending on style of mask you purchase and application. Some have mushroom style vents with filters you breath in through and an filter piece directly in front of the mouth the exhale or vice versa. Im a mask fit tester so know a bit about masks.

Good link to see what masks can protect against

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.uvex-safety.com/fileadmin/www.uvex-safety.com/Media/catalogues_and_brochures/en/uvex_respiratory_protection_guide_PPE_EN.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiBv-TahLvpAhWLURUIHWO7Aq8QFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1Lj3E0g-SBFtH-jIN54ufA

Edited by Matt&Jo
  • Greenie 1

5 hours ago, nicknorman said:

But to fair to people not grasping the point I would wager the vast majority dont understand the difference in mask types because its not something they have had to understand in the past nor have the govt. advised people.

The only thing I have heard the govt. say is dont use the type used by hospital staff as that will cause shortages for thrm. That doesnt really leave a lot of choice for what people go for, I'm gessing a huge number, probably a majority of people are wearing masks that will do little or nothing to prevent them spreading the virus if they have it.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

But to fair to people not grasping the point I would wager the vast majority dont understand the difference in mask types because its not something they have had to understand in the past nor have the govt. advised people.

The only thing I have heard the govt. say is dont use the type used by hospital staff as that will cause shortages for thrm. That doesnt really leave a lot of choice for what people go for, I'm gessing a huge number, probably a majority of people are wearing masks that will do little or nothing to prevent them spreading the virus if they have it.

There are loads of people making and selling what some would call masks and others would call face coverings

11 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

There are loads of people making and selling what some would call masks and others would call face coverings

Yes, correct there are.

16 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I think its pretty well known that wearing a mask or any sort of face covering is not for ones own protection but rather the protection of others in case one is at potential risk of infecting others.

Face coverings/masks have been recently advised for use on public transport and some shops for this reason. She was wearing her mask on a bus.

Agreed, but the "problem" is that her mask is vented, and this drastically reduces its effectiveness.

15 hours ago, frahkn said:

Good God almighty this is a child you are taking about, FFS get some perspective.

Before jumping in with both feet I suggest you get your facts straight. She is not a child.

Edited by Graham Davis