Bullying by locals

Timx

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, Ray T said:

How delicate, thank you for this pearl of wisdom.

Even the wildest optimist could not call me 'delicate' but I must agree with Lady G unless you have the child's permission to publicise her health condition.

Of course, perhaps you do, in which case I still agree with Lady G, because you didn't say so.

But of course that's only my opinion.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Halsey said:

Am I the only one bored by this topic - IMHO the original video was boring enough - and a non-event.............

Yep - I got bored at about 2 minutes in. Is there a point where the 'threat' escalates beyond people being the other side of a glass / steel barrier waay more effective than any of the ones intalled in shops?   

It's an interesting video. My son has Asperger's and is now 24 so I've seen how it impacts on people. She must have been quite frightened by this experience and uses vlogging as a tool to help her. Its a pity they are near some people who seem to have a possessive attitude to the towpath near their land. I hope the house dwelling couple are proud of their actions for intimidating two vulnerable people during these frightening times.

Edited by robtheplod
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

2 hours ago, Ian F B said:

Get an education.

Get a job.

Get a kindred spirit.

Get a dwelling place.

Raise a family.

Pay your taxes.

Stay legal.

Respect other people and yourself.

One simple road map!?

Apart from the 'raise a family' bit which is optional really I completely agree with that. At the risk of being accused of being an 'old grumpy f@rt' this is what we did and it is what our kids, now both adults did too.

46 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Apart from the 'raise a family' bit which is optional really I completely agree with that. At the risk of being accused of being an 'old grumpy f@rt' this is what we did and it is what our kids, now both adults did too.

There is no problem with taking the path less trodden,it's only a map,not a definitive way to live your life.

if it feels good do it!!!??

• Greenie 1

21 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

:P It was indeed. Essential for my mental health. I have been in lockdown in my mothers house who is now in care. Lovely as a 17 century detached cottage with a large garden is, its a boring piece of crap after living aboard for so long. The boat is my main and only home so I have done nowt wrong. However I spose I could have stayed in the house but my mental health would have suffered had I remained there any longer and I have come back to my own home. The plus points I spoe are that a daughter of a long standing friend of mine was looking for somewhere to live so I have let her have it FOC for a few weeks/months till she sorts herself out and its free security :cheers:

No, you haven't.

Good to know you are safely back afloat Tim. Lucky b*st*rd.

• Greenie 2

On 09/05/2020 at 16:01, ditchcrawler said:

Strange lots of similarities, both 13 both had birthday under lock down, and lots more coincidences. 

Also has the same name, Emma, and they both call themselves Narrowboat Girl on YouTube. ?

• Happy 1

On 09/05/2020 at 15:16, LadyG said:

I didn't notice she was unwell, she indicated they had been in isolation, but I thought they were now ok, not that it matters.

I did not notice her say she was behind a house, not that that matters, but I did notice she was approached by the householder on several occasions, including a small child not under control. and called a pikey, I can't see that as being defensible in anyone's language. she could call the police again, not that that is going to stop some nasty weevil.

All those things you noticed happened to come only from one person's side of the story. You didn't notice what she called the householders for example. She may have abused them too with much worse names than pikey. We don't know because we weren't there and the other party didn't post a YouTube video. It's difficult to make judgements or apportion blame for the incidents without hearing both sides of the story.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

if every thing this girl says is true .and yes there are two sides ,but lets just say its all true what she is saying ,,the bods on here would still look for an angle to twist and turn every thing she said ,look at most if not all the threads on here ,it happens every time ..there are some well meaning threads and even those get the snide remarks ,they all start off well ,but then they slowly go down hill over time .a thread can start of by some one needing a bmc engine ..10 comments in or so. the thread turns to some thing compleately different /.whats her health got to do with this ...any one got any eggs for sale ...oh i might end up being offered a box of spanners ...stay safe all 

• Greenie 3

8 hours ago, haza said:

if every thing this girl says is true .and yes there are two sides ,but lets just say its all true what she is saying ,,the bods on here would still look for an angle to twist and turn every thing she said ,look at most if not all the threads on here ,it happens every time ..there are some well meaning threads and even those get the snide remarks ,they all start off well ,but then they slowly go down hill over time .a thread can start of by some one needing a bmc engine ..10 comments in or so. the thread turns to some thing compleately different /.whats her health got to do with this ...any one got any eggs for sale ...oh i might end up being offered a box of spanners ...stay safe all 

welcome to internet....

13 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

If she is so concerned about her health she should be wearing a more suitable mask. Ones like that are a waste of time.

I think its pretty well known that wearing a mask or any sort of face covering is not for ones own protection but rather the protection of others in case one is at potential risk of infecting others.

Face coverings/masks have been recently advised for use on public transport and some shops for this reason. She was wearing her mask on a bus.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

1 hour ago, Graham Davis said:

If she is so concerned about her health she should be wearing a more suitable mask. Ones like that are a waste of time.

Good God almighty this is a child you are taking about, FFS get some perspective.

11 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I think its pretty well known that wearing a mask or any sort of face covering is not for ones own protection but rather the protection of others in case one is at potential risk of infecting others.

Face coverings/masks have been recently advised for use on public transport and some shops for this reason. She was wearing her mask on a bus.

Yes the mask is to protect others. Do you see the white square thing on her mask? That is a one way valve, such that when she breathes in the air is sucked through the mask material. When she breathes out, the breath (and any droplets) is directly ejected via the valve.

Im not blaming her for that folly, she is just one of a myriad of people completely failing to grasp the point.

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

A child yes, but thinks she's an adult like a lot of teenagers do.

So now you don't lke teenagers or anyone who does not agree with your moral code/ethics/ethnicity/ religion/or wearing socks with sandals., pathetic.

I am glad she has overcome all the negative and spiteful comments on here, but has had to turn off comments.

I don't usually watch her stuff as it's not my style, but I subscribed and gave her a thumbs up, for courage in the face of adversary!

Keep going girl, don't let the old gits on here get you down.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 3

Wow we are all allowed a viewpoint...i get that, its a discussion but id love to see you stand in front of her and say all this stuff folks, i couldn't hurt someone feelings like that....you all need to have an argument or something cuz there is some serious attitudes towards her here.

If i was sat in my house and a dog came up to the windows jumping at them barking or scratching at them id have a thing to say and so would you I'm sure....so if it is true and I'm sure it is i know emma and her mum as im one of these (ex) youtubers we've met (and yes i always worked very hard not a jobless uneducated bum) then they have every right to complain. Don't like watching don't do it and try not to rip her apart as she may be on this forum.

This is supposed to be a place for knowledge and celebrating a common passion.

If that was my boat and i was there and that happened to me id be polite the first time asking them to please stop there dogs jumping at the windows... the second again id ask poltely but as my pride and joy was being potential damaged and my health put at risk id let them know they are pushing there luck the third.

You all discussed in depth about how its dangerous to travel and against government guidance etc but for this its her fault she should move....they are not in front of the house, they do not engage with the home of these people, they are just trying to live there life and keep safe. 

Honestly sometimes i wonder where all those lovely people on the cut are that I've met and would do anything to help others.......not here obviously. (No not true I've met a few on here and they were perfectly lovely).....try it!

• Greenie 3