Bullying by locals

Timx

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Like my son the young lady is not unwell from the conventional point of view. Yes she and her mother had to self isolate for a while. Is that what you refer to as "Unwell?"                   NO

Aspergers is not an "illness" it is a genetic hereditary condition.,     Understood/Aware

not quite my point

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

As I understand it, they were never moored right outside the complainers’ house.

ok, got it wrong, in that case I dont think house owner has any reason to be angry, I mean the canal belongs to all... and I dont think boaters threaten local ppl or steal stuff...

28 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Is it? I thought it wasn’t known why some people are Aspergers / autistic? My cousin is autistic but there is no family history of it.

Nick, it can skip generations. As yet there has not been sufficient scientific investigation into the whys and wherefores.

Also it is only since the late 1970's that Aspergers has been recognised in the "Autistic Spectrum Disorder." The condition was first recognised by A Viennese pediatrician, Hans Asperger* in the 1940's but WWII got in the way of investigating it.

In the UK in the past, a lot of education authorities refused to recognise the condition as it meant they would have had to find the money to deal with pupils who had the condition. A similar approach was used with Dyslexia - pretend its not there and it will go away.

* Unfortunately at times he appeared to be not a very nice man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Asperger

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 2

5 hours ago, Ray T said:

Like my son, the young lady in question has Asperger’s. I know it may be difficult for some to appreciate this. Please do not be too harsh on her.

Where in the video does it mention Aspergers ? All it says is that she was coming out of quarentine after Covid19 symptoms.

41 minutes ago, Halsey said:

I have no knowledge of your statement and every sympathy if she is unwell - my point here is "we" can't win - young women like this are constantly banging on about equality but then expect to be treated as a special case when it suits - you can't have it both ways - better if she hadn't gone public - this issue is nothing new and nothing to do with the virus apart from the one affecting our "entitled" society at large.......................

I didn't notice she was unwell, she indicated they had been in isolation, but I thought they were now ok, not that it matters.

I did not notice her say she was behind a house, not that that matters, but I did notice she was approached by the householder on several occasions, including a small child not under control. and called a pikey, I can't see that as being defensible in anyone's language. she could call the police again, not that that is going to stop some nasty weevil.

I could suggest she gets all local boaters to moor where she is and run engine from 8.00 am to 8.pm for 14 days! 

Edited by LadyG

6 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Where in the video does it mention Aspergers ? All it says is that she was coming out of quarentine after Covid19 symptoms.

It doesn't, but I have personally met the young lady.

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 2

1 hour ago, restlessnomad said:

Joke aside, its an interesting topic, do most narrow boaters completely dismiss the fact that a house owner paid bit more to have good view, and also not everybody is keen to have a new neighbour for 14 days looking at their garden and kids. There are miles of canal, why stay behind somebody's house?

I did say at the start of the lockdown. Most boaters have moved nearer services etc.

58 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

think that's a poor excuse, as this girl has done she could have been moored at the spot she is now on, and avoided unnecessary conflict. I am not saying the house owner is right but I do get why he/she might be disturbed. Its one thing to have passing traffic another to have new neighbour.(as the people are allowed to stay at the same place due to corona virus)

You seemed to have missed the point of the comment from a fellow boater

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

No

Strange lots of similarities, both 13 both had birthday under lock down, and lots more coincidences. I must say at 13 she can write much better than me.

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

No

Strange lots of similarities, both 13 both had birthday under lock down, and lots more coincidences. I must say at 13 she can write much better than me.

I opened the thread and immediately saw its some youngster with a you tube thing, so I didnt click on it. Why do these newbs keep putting their head above the parapet? splattering yourself all over the interweb is plain daft and propably in more case than not its the people who want to ( protect their identity ) and data and privacy lol. Hope she is alright anyway.

There are no police, Ive driven 150 miles today from North Yorkshire to Oxon and havnt seen even a one!!

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

Not sure what I was expecting... need to put this question on canalside house owners forum and see if I get different answer ?

I'll bite.

I live canalside and generally don't mind boats mooring opposite the house. The vast majority of boaters are considerate.

However you get the very rare one who burns stuff that is very smoky and smelly, runs his smoky engine from dawn until the small hours and gets gobby if you point out the CRT engine running times to them.

I can see why people get pi**ed with people like these.

Fortunately I have a very reactive rescue GSD who, on request, can bark for hours at this type of person. They don't  like it when he barks from 2:00am until 9:00am and soon move on. ?

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I'll bite.

I live canalside and generally don't mind boats mooring opposite the house. The vast majority of boaters are considerate.

However you get the very rare one who burns stuff that is very smoky and smelly, runs his smoky engine from dawn until the small hours and gets gobby if you point out the CRT engine running times to them.

I can see why people get pi**ed with people like these.

Fortunately I have a very reactive rescue GSD who, on request, can bark for hours at this type of person. They don't  like it when he barks from 2:00am until 9:00am and soon move on. ?

What about your neighbours, don't they get annoyed by barking dog? (or are they part of the mafia...  :)  )

Good to know most boaters are considerate.

if it was me, I would not mind a good looking shiny boat for few days, but not ugly ones with missing paint and rusting waterline...   yes I have been called shallow ... (hope I did not hurt anybody's feeling)

Edited by restlessnomad

31 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I opened the thread and immediately saw its some youngster with a you tube thing, so I didnt click on it. Why do these newbs keep putting their head above the parapet? splattering yourself all over the interweb is plain daft and propably in more case than not its the people who want to ( protect their identity ) and data and privacy lol. Hope she is alright anyway.

There are no police, Ive driven 150 miles today from North Yorkshire to Oxon and havnt seen even a one!!

I think these You tube people get paid for the number of people who view their Vlog or whatever they are called, that is why they all ask you to click the thumbs up button and also  subscribe . I don't think it costs anything to subscribe , I believe it is patrons who pay something to support these people. There seems to be a plethora of people with you tube channels particularly relating to boat living and van living , not many mention going off to work although some do.

• Happy 1

44 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

We had a police car through the village again today, I have seen more since this lockdown than in the last 30 years unless they were looking for some scumbags

41 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

come on, I love vloggers of all types, I don't have face or charisma to do it, but it looks like a lot of fun, I enjoy watching them and may be learn something in the process. Also, some people dont want to protect their identity.

Its can be a full time job, just like a footballer or actor or singer. Nothing wrong in that. Is it not nice that anybody with a little bit of talent can be in front of us all, without studio/agents/money/connection.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

What about your neighbours, don't they get annoyed by barking dog? (or are they part of the mafia...  :)  )

Good to know most boaters are considerate.

if it was me, I would not mind a good looking shiny boat for few days, but not ugly ones with missing paint and rusting waterline...   yes I have been called shallow ... (hope I did not hurt anybody's feeling)

But every boat is someone's pride and joy.

Besides it's not the boat's fault if it picked a lazy owner. ?

3 hours ago, Ray T said:

Nick, it can skip generations. As yet there has not been sufficient scientific investigation into the whys and wherefores.

Also it is only since the late 1970's that Aspergers has been recognised in the "Autistic Spectrum Disorder." The condition was first recognised by A Viennese pediatrician, Hans Asperger* in the 1940's but WWII got in the way of investigating it.

In the UK in the past, a lot of education authorities refused to recognise the condition as it meant they would have had to find the money to deal with pupils who had the condition. A similar approach was used with Dyslexia - pretend its not there and it will go away.

* Unfortunately at times he appeared to be not a very nice man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Asperger

Dave the paint in the next unit, has 4 children 2 of them are brilliant 2 are not as bright as they could be, his brother is the same not as bright as he could be. I find them all easy to get on with and they all have jobs apart from Holly who was late to the party and easily the cleverest of them all! Isnt the world a wonderful place? 

23 minutes ago, Halsey said:

OK I'll ask - why? - was this an essential journey??????

I would suggest minding your own business.

This country is becoming more like East Germany under the Stasi every minute.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I would suggest minding your own business.

This country is becoming more like East Germany under the Stasi every minute.

Correct and like the Germans you have lost your sense of humour - note the smiley face - back in your box!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

:P It was indeed. Essential for my mental health. I have been in lockdown in my mothers house who is now in care. Lovely as a 17 century detached cottage with a large garden is, its a boring piece of crap after living aboard for so long. The boat is my main and only home so I have done nowt wrong. However I spose I could have stayed in the house but my mental health would have suffered had I remained there any longer and I have come back to my own home. The plus points I spoe are that a daughter of a long standing friend of mine was looking for somewhere to live so I have let her have it FOC for a few weeks/months till she sorts herself out and its free security :cheers:

Sounds fair and reasonable to me ..............but then I'm not German???

Enjoy the boat - I wish I could enjoy mine right now...........

• Greenie 2