Bullying by locals

Timx

Featured Posts

Should move directly outside their house, burn dogshit in your stove and run a generator until midnight.

Only joking, but why do people have to cause other people so much trouble, boaters should expect people to leave at least 2 m between themselves and boats. 

Threatening two females, one a child, is the problem to me, also , from I can see , police not reading it right. Also where are the cart banners saying restrict movement on canals, I have seen only one.

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I think you will find its 2 Mt between people, not people and boats.

CRT advice is to avoid using towpath where there are moored boats,  I think it's pefectly reasonable to expect Joe Public not to be hugging your boat. 

• Greenie 1

Why worry about being reported to CRT for not moving?

You cannot move. End of.

Social media is full of attention seeking drama queens.....

Notice how she manages to get things together at the end of the video.....subscribe to this...like that.....pathetic.

31 minutes ago, Timx said:

Threatening two females, one a child, is the problem to me, also , from I can see , police not reading it right. Also where are the cart banners saying restrict movement on canals, I have seen only one.

What were the specific threats?

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Why worry about being reported to CRT for not moving?

You cannot move. End of.

Social media is full of attention seeking drama queens.....

Notice how she manages to get things together at the end of the video.....subscribe to this...like that.....pathetic.

She makes it clear she is being harassed. Repeatedly.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

Over reaction I fear. Probably on both parties.

There's a lot of cabin fever going about.

One thing that would stop this immediately is to put a notice in your window ......

Occupants Currently

Recovering From Coronavirus

Then draw your curtains on that side. 

9 hours ago, Timx said:

I think she parked her boat behind somebody's house, stayed there for few days and home owner fought with them. After the conflict they probably moved and called the police.

With CCers being allowed to stay for infinite period, there is bound to be some conflict with home owners who will think some water gypsy just rocked up on a boat and now lives behind their house.

I am not taking everything she says at face value, police did the right thing in resolving the conflict, what else ppl expect from police.

Edited by restlessnomad

9 hours ago, Timx said:

If you have a look at her other vlogs, you may review your findings.

I'll pass thanks.

The internet is full of people like this giving one side of a story, whether it be about stuff like this or alternatively being harrassed by police/local authority etc etc.

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I'll pass thanks.

The internet is full of people like this giving one side of a story, whether it be about stuff like this or alternatively being harrassed by police/local authority etc etc.

I was just about to comment the same point about only hearing one side of the argument and making a judgement on that basis.

• Greenie 3

Storm in a teacup. They all need to calm down. So much for everyone being kind to each other during this time.

Has anyone else heard of dogs pushing against boat windows when moored on the towpath? I think she's talking nonsense.

It sounds like all the boaters need to do is go inside the boat when people walk past to maintain social distancing. Passersby shouldn't be looking in through boat windows, but if it's really an issue why doesn't she just close the curtains on the towpath side?

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 2

9 hours ago, LadyG said:

She makes it clear she is being harassed. Repeatedly.

Not really. It seems like repeated attention-seeking to me. Some people bring it on themselves - it's like they can't help it.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 2

If things like this come to a political/press sh*tfight, boaters everwhere will lose out.  There are fewer votes in boats than from folks on the bank, the majority of the money for CRT and EA comes from the taxes of the folk on the bank and all poiticians follow the votes.

N

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, canalboat said:

Suggestions:

Practice making your point in 30 seconds or less. 

I was thinking similarly, though I would have allowed two minutes. Hardly a punchy, ear-catching presentation, was it?