Hard standing needed North West area

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Ianws said:

Is Botany Bay not an option? We had our boat blacked at Wheelton last year. There were a few boats being worked on but didn’t know it was only short term. Sorry! Very happy with the service from Andy and the team at Wheelton.

Not a problem, i though they had boats in being work on long term but last time i was up it was a good few years back. infact 8 if not more.. Botany Bay is full from what somebody on there said today, though they had a boat there and thats all. I cant get hold of anybody at the Bay to confirm it. I will still keep trying but maybe shut now. 

I was going to pop in today as i was working in Garstang today and to tired on way home to pop in.

All sorted folks, thanks for the help. Just got it in at Hesford marina down Lymm so its a few days cruise down as soon as i can :) well going  to get it running big job ahead.,, needs atleast the wooden / GRP top replacing.

Captain Faffer :)

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, Ianws said:

Wigan flight is currently closed due to water resources. They say the will issue an update next Friday.

Yes o though ti was but this morning i checked and it said nothing on the Wigan Flight about closures.

ill check again. no big rush though.

Oh yes, its shows on the map not text. will wait and see what happens and hope for rain lol.

Edited by W+T

55 minutes ago, Ianws said:

Still closed. Another update next Friday.

Thanks kida, was about to look as not long been home. ah well CRT know about it so if they close then nothing can be done .

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/05/2020 at 11:51, W+T said:

All sorted folks, thanks for the help. Just got it in at Hesford marina down Lymm so its a few days cruise down as soon as i can :) well going  to get it running big job ahead.,, needs atleast the wooden / GRP top replacing.

Captain Faffer :)

Just sayin' like ...

IMG_20200607_201331251.jpg.716f301e7a26d5ada312eae1f3a37229.jpg

• Happy 1

Nice one Pete, i am working at White Bear again and popped to see if you were there still   before setting off. I didn't get the untill  about 11 though.

• 2 weeks later...

More just sayin' (Sunday) ...

8:14 Waiting for the Top Lock to fill.

IMG_20200614_081416.jpg.c6f3d96ca073c5de7685a601776f6137.jpg

In at 8:20, and away.

Bottom lock (with the padlocks still on ;)) at 11:48, so a 3 1/2 hour run with only two of us for the first third of the flight.

IMG_20200614_114824960.jpg.2e08022011db0d498edbb8073e51db19.jpg

And through Plank Lane bridge by 3 PM

IMG_20200614_150459107.jpg.9c4ad938597b38a4d6e56b0d2dc8dc94.jpg

Stuck for 24 hours at Barton Swing Aqueduct yesterday and today - it was stuck swung open, but boat to Hesford today at 17:28.

IMG_20200617_172807407.jpg

I'll deliver it to the slipway Friday morning I think.

Edited by TheBiscuits
Add a bit
  • Greenie 1

Ah got there early, good going kida, and thanks  :) 

Kath will be there she says to sign the boat in Friday., they are going to wash it down for me now aswell.   

• Greenie 1

On 08/05/2020 at 14:08, TheBiscuits said:

I don't think Pat allows much DIY or external contractors on the yard - and Wayne is both!

I have to say, i have done two jobs in Moons  Bridge in the blast week or so and i have three more soon. Pat is one  to be wary of, she is not easy to work with but once you get on the good side she isnt to bad, She wasnt going to let me in as she thought for some reason i had no insurance for start, then lost me a job on an outside job due to that aswell.  as i am recovering a boat to there but cant do the work as they want to do it.  hey ho there choice to be like that. 

4 minutes ago, W+T said:

I have to say, i have done two jobs in Moons  Bridge in the blast week or so and i have three more soon. Pat is one  to be wary of, she is not easy to work with but once you get on the good side she isnt to bad, She wasnt going to let me in as she thought for some reason i had no insurance for start, then lost me a job on an outside job due to that aswell.  as i am recovering a boat to there but cant do the work as they want to do it.  hey ho there choice to be like that. 

I quite like Pat - much to the surprise of some of her customers who have been terrified of her for years! :D

They do tend to blow hot and cold with independent contractors coming onto the marina though - you can be allowed one day and not allowed the next.  Demanding liability insurance and payment to them for using their yard is fair enough, but I think it depends how busy they are with work if they let you on or not.

Most places once they know you have liability insurance will let you come and go, but not there.

7 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Yeah, it's a bannister rail screwed through the fibreglass top.  It wobbles if you hold it.

I do have to say that @W+T didn't fit it.  

These are the "before" pictures!

Yes i would of got two for both sides :)