Post Lockdown Boating Plans Survey

cuthound

Featured Posts

wot do they think we are going to do...............stop boating and sell up - it's only a continuance that will make me do that.

Edited by Halsey
can't be bothered..............I'm not political but this is getting me down

On 07/05/2020 at 17:21, Rob-M said:

Perhaps it is a way to focus the vollies in the places that will be busiest.

This is probably one of the reasons. They are contacting all volunteers in my patch asking who will be okay to resume if/when the situation begins to ease.

I haven't received that other CRT email but I don't have a problem with them asking what my boating intentions might be. I think it's good that they are trying to be proactive in preparing for it.

59 minutes ago, MaryP said:

I started the survey, but as soon as I put CC it was the end with a reminder to move every 14 days.

That actually makes a lot of sense.  CCers will do what they always do, right?  They're not worried about CCers, they are worried about the mass of folks with cabin fever and a boat in a marina all deciding they are going to go cruising at the same time.

1 hour ago, MaryP said:

I started the survey, but as soon as I put CC it was the end with a reminder to move every 14 days.

It was not aimed at you, you are already on the boat.  I was aimed at people who are locked down at home, and will potentially visit the boat when the government lifts some restrictions.

Canals are garden centres, right?

Perhaps not garden centres but if the government says you can go out as often as you want what then?

I suppose the crucial thing is going to be any rules around second homes. There is still a need to not overstretch scarce rural NHS resources so we've got a while to wait I think.

What annoys me is the fact that I can visit my allotment, which is surrounded by a perimeter fence with gate and padlock, and sit down there all day if I wished.

But I am not allowed access to my boat stuck in a marina - also surrounded by a perimeter fence with gate and padlock- for maintenance checks etc.

Both marina and allotment are within easy cycling distance from my home, so no excessive travel involved, the cycling being classed as exercise.

I would come across more people (albeit at a distance) on the allotment site than I ever would at the marina.

The only infrastructure that I would need to touch is the padlock on the gate, as not going anywhere with the boat, no need for interaction with anyone else, services etc.

There just doesn't seem to be any rational thinking...….

They’ll be looking after cyclists before boaters after all this, especially now the Govt says they’ll be making more money available for cycling paths. 

A lot of the Tow paths in my area have become no go zones due to the idiot cyclists who just got a bike and don’t give any consideration to other Tow Path users.

10 minutes ago, Tunnelman51 said:

What annoys me is the fact that I can visit my allotment, which is surrounded by a perimeter fence with gate and padlock, and sit down there all day if I wished.

But I am not allowed access to my boat stuck in a marina - also surrounded by a perimeter fence with gate and padlock- for maintenance checks etc.

Both marina and allotment are within easy cycling distance from my home, so no excessive travel involved, the cycling being classed as exercise.

I would come across more people (albeit at a distance) on the allotment site than I ever would at the marina.

The only infrastructure that I would need to touch is the padlock on the gate, as not going anywhere with the boat, no need for interaction with anyone else, services etc.

There just doesn't seem to be any rational thinking...….

It' a broadbrush Law, lots of situations are covered by one rule.

You just have to accept it. "for the greater good" 

I live on a boat, if I moved every day but did not go ashore it would not make one jot of difference.

The Law is to stop travel, to stop people mixing, to prevent disease spreading from one person to another.

If the government would issue a proper vlog to let people understand how this disease is transmitted, and how to stop it, folks would be clearer.

Diseased people carry the disease is on their hands, and anything they touch is going to be contaminated with  a big dod of virus, next person along picks it up, gets the disease, or touches something and leaves a dod of virus. etc etc.

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases,  ie aerosols from folks :,keep as far away as possible, in practical term that is   in UK, 6 feet in the US. That is MINIMUM, a big cough and sneeze will send virus splattering far and wide.

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

It' a broadbrush Law, lots of situations are covered by one rule.

You just have to accept it. "for the greater good" 

I live on a boat, if I moved every day but did not go ashore it would not make one jot of difference.

The Law is to stop travel, to stop people mixing, to prevent disease spreading from one person to another.

You’ve changed your tone, at the start of this you were planning to take your boat out and go cruising against CaRT guidelines.

• Horror 1

25 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

You’ve changed your tone, at the start of this you were planning to take your boat out and go cruising against CaRT guidelines.

Nope, CRT changed their rules.

The morning of the day I asked for advice, there were no CRT guidelines. I have subsequently been castigated by the armed forces of the CWDF Stasi. 

I see folks on this marina who are visiting their boats, boats that are not even in the water, they clearly are those who don't give a damn, about anything, as long as they know they won't be punished, they don't bother "helping the NHS" 

Edited by LadyG

I've received the "survey" and duly sent it in.  If anglers get the green light to angle later today, there is no reason to prevent boaters boating.  I want the freedom of choice when it comes, but if the stupid sods try and cocoon the over 70's unilaterally, there'll be trouble at' mill

• Greenie 1

37 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Nope, CRT changed their rules.

The morning of the day I asked for advice, there were no CRT guidelines. I have subsequently been castigated by the armed forces of the CWDF Stasi. 

I see folks on this marina who are visiting their boats, boats that are not even in the water, they clearly are those who don't give a damn, about anything, as long as they know they won't be punished, they don't bother "helping the NHS" 

CaRT guidelines had been out before you came on here and posted your plan of your first trip out on your boat and route when the CaRT guidelines said essential travel only.  That’s why you got slated, please don’t make yourself look a fool again and argue you were right.

Your even stating the case why you shouldn’t of went out on your boat in your post above.

A total 360 degree turnabout on your thinking and post about taking your boat out for your first trip a few weeks ago. Quite amusing really.

Edited by PD1964

8 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

I've received the "survey" and duly sent it in.  If anglers get the green light to angle later today, there is no reason to prevent boaters boating.  I want the freedom of choice when it comes, but if the stupid sods try and cocoon the over 70's unilaterally, there'll be trouble at' mill

I don't think the Laws can be set up to prevent one age group staying indoors, in my opinion the most dangerous people are "other people" who ignore guidelines, they can't even "stay at home", they go around supermarkets touching food and other items, do they not get the message [which is certainly not clear]. Disease is carried on hands. Keep everything clean, all surfaces, all foods, everything, It's not impossible to prevent disease spread, it never has been, not in a country with clean water and good sewerage.

The message is going to even more unclear - England opt for Stay safe and Wales keep Stay at Home.  Boris is going on national TV tonight and I've just checked - BBC Wales will be transmitting his message but our politicians are saying ignore it - Bonkers.

For example, and as I understand it, there is no closed fishing season now on canals, just rivers so poor Mr Plod will have a hard time on the Llangollen canal.  More vehicles will cross into Wales with drivers citing "I'm staying safe" innit.  And what of the town of Knighton which sits on top of the border between England and Wales? The rules must apply to both countries in lock step to control the spread of the virus.