Sliding Entrance Hatch

Featured Posts

Attached to the rivets between the runner and the hatch at two upside down L shaped bits of metal that stop it coming up to high, i can remove them and i then think it will come off backwards my problem is how do i get the brackets back on as i can't get behind them if you see what i mean 

Well that i don't know. I have water dripping from the corner of the opening the hatch covers and it appears to be coming through a weld on the aperture the hatch sits on. So unless i get it off i can't tell . Its being totally repainted in 18 months so maybe i will wait until then as its not a lot of a leak??

8 minutes ago, Dave .Morialta said:

Well that i don't know. I have water dripping from the corner of the opening the hatch covers and it appears to be coming through a weld on the aperture the hatch sits on. So unless i get it off i can't tell . Its being totally repainted in 18 months so maybe i will wait until then as its not a lot of a leak??

Try bunging up the suspect weld ?  Rule out condensation before getting too involved, its that time of year.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Post a picture up, no two hatches are the same, some come off the back, some forward and some just lift off when runners are removed.

Pretty sure mine won't come off. I think the welding was completed with the lid in situ.

2 hours ago, Dave .Morialta said:

20200502_124530.jpg

The runners do not come off they are welded 

Those two bits on the side look like Allen key bolts, probably M5 or M6. They probably hold a running skate or stopper inside. 

Undo these and the hatch will probably either lift or slide forward (although you may have to lift the forward end over the lip on the roof.)

38 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Those two bits on the side look like Allen key bolts, probably M5 or M6

Yes they do. And the rearmost one looks chewed up to boot. 

You may find that once you pull the edge past the forward end of the runners that end of the hatch will lift up to clear the mushroom and solar panel. If you are lucky then the whole lot will then slide off.

5 hours ago, Detling said:

You may find that once you pull the edge past the forward end of the runners that end of the hatch will lift up to clear the mushroom and solar panel. If you are lucky then the whole lot will then slide off.

Do you mean forward as in nearest to the stern? ('twas what I was going to suggest)