Team “Barnier's Stern Gland” Virtual BCN Challenge 2020 Cruise Log

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Right, listen up all.

Here is our cabin roof, inspired yet again by Rusty.

Cabin roof.jpg

You forgot to mention the eco fan inspired ventilation. I specifically told you to mention that, otherwise its a bss failure. ?

• Haha 1

Peterbote was down in the engine room checking out the beam narrowing device it had been wrecked in the lock gate crushing incident.  He sighed and started to carry out repairs to it, he estimated that two days would sort it out, they had enough stored methane to power the methane genny and jet drive which brought a smile to his face. The CCTV showed who  had been stealing the panels he couldn't believe it and neither could the crew! He expected a keelhauling at the very least.......

• Haha 1

…....message starts 1101Z

May 8th, 2020

!!Stop Press!!

Tamworth Herald

Time Travelling Tamworth Virus

Authorities have now confirmed that the spread of the 'Flu pandemic that killed over 500 million people in 1918 was started in Tamworth, early May 1918 by a time traveller originating in 2020. It is thought that a cluster of infected cyclists, who incidentally all had their bicycles stolen near a canal, in 1918 had spread the disease. The Sars – CoV – 2 strain of the virus is confirmed as the virus both in 1918 and 2020.

Authorities are now looking to find out who was responsible and are working closely with the Tamworth Institute of Time Travel (TITT) and the Tamworth Institute of Tropical Science (TITS).

The pair of TITS are making progress and are suspecting the theft of 15 'Laundromat' units from TITTs 6 months ago may be something to do with the outbreak. The Laundromat units allow limited time travel but are notoriously unreliable so were outlawed in 2019. It is suspected that an illegal sporting Challenge involving canal boats has been organised by a well known Fence (responsible for the selling of all sorts of goods) using these devices. It is likely that the Challenge involved Time Travel and thus the 'accidental' transmission of the virus from one of the Challenge crews back to 1918. The Hawaii 50 team think that this was not accidental. The Challenge committee is made of two people who go under pseudonyms and a number of others who's names are not in the public domain. Competitors in the challenge are asking for a Stewart's Inquiry and Judicial review to publish these names.

Authorities are seeking urgent information on canal challenge Committee as it is likely they will be arrested and charged with 500 million cases of murder.

Our reporter tried to speak to Mrs Elsie Dee, but she was still in bed.

We did manage to speak to a representative from TITS who said “ you'll have to ask the other TITT”.

….....message timed at 1040Z

….....message ends.

• Haha 2

Personal Log:  Dr Bob

This may be my last trip to Middleton Lakes RSPB reserve as I suspect the crew are getting annoyed with me shooting birds instead of my job to make the breakfast. We are sill less than 30 mins walk away so able to get an hour or so walking round.

Managed to get a Common Mynah bird and a Painted Stork as my two best shots today.

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 13.20.01.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 13.22.04.png

28 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

5afa5db66a00ab6a8b7ab4f86c87d235.png

25 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It was a long and stormy week...... 

Just as well the Beagle has his trusty side kick with him then, innit. :D

Blimey I go away for five minutes (or so) and all hell breaks loose - what's everybody up to. B)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Personal Log:  Dr Bob

This may be my last trip to Middleton Lakes RSPB reserve as I suspect the crew are getting annoyed with me shooting birds instead of my job to make the breakfast. We are sill less than 30 mins walk away so able to get an hour or so walking round.

Managed to get a Common Mynah bird and a Painted Stork as my two best shots today.

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 13.20.01.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 13.22.04.png

That's a funny looking chicken. Is it being stalked? 

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

Blimey I go away for five minutes (or so) and all hell breaks loose - what's everybody up to. B)

Ahoy stranger?? are you here to join the crew of the good ship barmey? 

Dr Bob is the captain of this fine vessel (despite what @mrsmelly might tell you). 

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

That's not Woodstock, it's the duck!

'ello Tumsh.  We are all showing challenging behaviours again ... blame Aunty Wainwright.

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Ahoy stranger?? are you here to join the crew of the good ship barmey? 

I don't know about the joining part but I'm all for the moral support - and the causing of mayhem, I'm good at the mayhem. :D

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

'ello Tumsh.  We are all showing challenging behaviours again ... blame Aunty Wainwright.

Hello Biccies, good to see you, and to see you in the thick of such constructive chaos - having fun? :cheers:

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

don't know about the joining part but I'm all for the moral support - and the causing of mayhem, I'm good at the mayhem

Ah, well, you have come to the right plaice, and the right thread too. Our crew is made up of the worstest bunch on the BCN. Don't worry, no one else reads this thread except Dr Bob, they all gave up on page 1.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Ah, well, you have come to the right plaice, and the right thread too. Our crew is made up of the worstest bunch on the BCN. Don't worry, no one else reads this thread except Dr Bob, they all gave up on page 1.

There's a page 1? I never got that far  - but yey go Team Beagle. ?‍☠️

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

There's a page 1? I never got that far  - but yey go Team Beagle. ?‍☠️

To be honest, I would skip the first bit and start at page 10 if I were you, that's where the good stuff starts. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

Did it involve alcohol I find that often helps. :hug:

A booze cruise without booze would just be a cruise.Of course alcohol was involved The captain has told us no drinking until the sun is beneath the yardstick or summit though. 

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

A booze cruise without booze would just be a cruise.Of course alcohol was involved The captain has told us no drinking until the sun is beneath the yardstick or summit though. 

1) I see no captain and 2) Are the yards sticks not the portable ones. :giggles: I haven't a clew. 

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

1) I see no captain and 2) Are the yards sticks not the portable ones. :giggles: I haven't a clew. 

1.The captain is probably having his afternoon nap beneath decks. 

2.No,I think they're the name of a band with Eric Clapton. ?

If you have no clew, you can sail aboard our ship if you like, though I gotta warn you, there may be trouble afoot. 

Edited by rusty69

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Oi, this is a serious thread, detailing the exploits of Barnier's Stern Gland.

No tittle tattle here please.

• Haha 2