Team “Barnier's Stern Gland” Virtual BCN Challenge 2020 Cruise Log

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

OMG...

Rumours of Barnier's Stern Gland's boat ....it may have been seen.

sub.jpg

Oh I thought it was going to be this one:

_112014998_hmstrenchant.jpg

The commander of a nuclear-powered submarine who allowed his crew to hold a barbecue party has been sacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-52464885

6 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Oh I thought it was going to be this one:

_112014998_hmstrenchant.jpg

The commander of a nuclear-powered submarine who allowed his crew to hold a barbecue party has been sacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-52464885

This is a good idea Dr Bob.... we need a bigga boat!

• Haha 1

Ok, breaking news now on team “Barnier's Stern Glands” bote. It seems like they have gone for a high tech Hampton convertible with some very special features.

The wooden hulled craft looks to be 80ft long (Captain Smelly required this prior to accepting his commission) and 10 ft wide. The bote however has a revolutionary beam reducing weight and pulley system to access the narrow locks of the BCN. The size therefore is ideal for the number of crew on board with sufficient space for the 13 crew and 3 dogs.

Power for the craft is a revolutionary design. A Lynch electric motor, running at 3 to 1 gearing 21 inch by 16 propeller 72 volt 36 KWH LifePo4 battery bank, 6 x 300 watt solar panels.

The craft is bristling with high tech add ons. It's Active Sonar is viable up to 3 miles and it is clad in a special material to avoid radar. It is fitted with the latest AAW system set up by Roland. AAW (or Anti Auntie Waitrose) is the first patented system to avoid any crew members on board having to buy anything for their time on board from Auntie Waitrose. Roland is one of the few people alive to have never bought anything from her so has used his experience to develop this remarkable system.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

@Postcode just asked me if we had ever met Roland, I said no, he said that'll be why then! 

Oh and solar panels are not much use if you get stuck in The Dudley Tunnel 

That's why we have batteries lots of them 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, peterboat said:

That's why we have batteries lots of them 

Who's charging them up?

38 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It is fitted with the latest AAW system set up by Roland. AAW (or Anti Auntie Waitrose) is the first patented system to avoid any crew members on board having to buy anything for their time on board from Auntie Waitrose. Roland is one of the few people alive to have never bought anything from her so has used his experience to develop this remarkable system.

I forgot to mention that the AAW system is dependent on thousands of tiny sensors fitted all over the bote. I understand Roland is currently fitting them and has promised to have 100,000 fitted by 9am Monday.

• Greenie 1