Team NB Styxl - Virtual BCN Challenge 2020 Cruise Log

Featured Posts

Saturday 10th May 4.15pm

Top of Bradley Mar Locks , Wednesbury Oak loop of Brindley's Old main line.

We left Bradley lock and hung a left and after about a furlong we joined the old Wednesbury Oak Loop the Hos' having passed under the two bridges at the junction left us to strap the boat round the junction to the left, being unloaded she heels over well.  Soon there is a wharf with lots of coal boats being loaded on the offline side and then a bridge over the cut, Richard Leads the house under then over so the the hos' is now on the left of the boat, this is so we can enter the Wednesbury Oak Colliery Branch. Its yet another tight 90 degree junction into this short branch but we are getting quite good at them now.
A quick trot up the branch wind and then back to the main loop, where we have to send the hos and richard back whence they came to gain the towpath again, as we get the boat out of the branch.
On our way again, we soon get to the point where the cut off come in and the short length upto the Bradley Mar junction.
We set the "Automat Sehnsucht" to 1803

Saturday 10th May 4.45pm

Bradley Loop

We carry on along the loop and passing under Bradley Lane the canal does a sharp right turn, we smell a bar-b-Que! we wander around Bradley Hall and pass Britannia through Works home of Iron Man Wilkinson. Lots of activity flames and smoke., loaded boats everywhere  There is a pit,  with its own wharf and tramway, on our right and a straight bit of canal and Pothouse bridge, There is a short arm on the right. We dail 1912 into the " "Automat Sehnsucht" " again and wind, that is it. we turn our magic machine off and head back in the present towards the pump hose and Bradley Works we appear to be a tail ender, but hey ho! what fun we have all had. The beer seems to have arrived excellent!

SAM_0525.JPG

SAM_0524.JPG

Just now, Ian Mac said:

Saturday 10th May 4.45pm

Bradley Loop

We carry on along the loop and passing under Bradley Lane the canal does a sharp right turn, we smell a bar-b-Que! we wander around Bradley Hall and pass Britannia through Works home of Iron Man Wilkinson. Lots of activity flames and smoke., loaded boats everywhere  There is a pit,  with its own wharf and tramway, on our right and a straight bit of canal and Pothouse bridge, There is a short arm on the right. We dail 1912 into the " "Automat Sehnsucht" " again and wind, that is it. we turn our magic machine off and head back in the present towards the pump hose and Bradley Works we appear to be a tail ender, but hey ho! what fun we have all had. The beer seems to have arrived excellent!

SAM_0524.JPG

And my children have come to see me, they look five years younger than when I left home. Are you in the right year Mac

I found these two bottles under the side bed, I think I'll mix them together for a celebratory drinkrum.jpg.8e0ee7936433e8d1f85189999a3c66e3.jpg

Well its been hard work and fun we have all learnt a lot.
I'm going to have a beer or three now, and I would like to thank my crew, @captain birdseye Richard Nichols and Andy Cutting for their help and moral support, Its been fun.
just got to work out how to get the Boat and Hos' home now :)

DSC_0862.JPG

DSC_8683.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

96947943_10222397099377628_3277397901860405248_o.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ian Mac said:

So back to the real world of "Goat Zooming"

So after a sensible week ignoring the silliness going on around you, you finish up with a singing goat filmed to look like she is eating flowers.

Excellent job! :clapping:

14 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

So after a sensible week ignoring the silliness going on around you, you finish up with a singing goat filmed to look like she is eating flowers.

Excellent job! :clapping:

That's what happens when boaters get in the beer tent 

Out of interest, did anyone in your team calculate the total miles and locks you covered during the challenge? If you have already mentioned it in the thread somewhere forgive me, I am asking because I am too lasy to go through 14 threads to find if the information has already been shared

1 minute ago, cheshire~rose said:

Out of interest, did anyone in your team calculate the total miles and locks you covered during the challenge? If you have already mentioned it in the thread somewhere forgive me, I am asking because I am too lasy to go through 14 threads to find if the information has already been shared

@Ian Mac this looks like one for you