No Peak Forest or Macclesfield again.

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

So, CRT have no water, the gear is coming off the Marple and Bosley lock flights to stop us playing, again. Promises to be a great boating season I don't think.

Toddbrook was not our fault, not vandalism but bad maintenance by CRT, who suffers? Boaters!

Leeds and Liverpool now closed too. 

why do CRT keep referring to the “boating season” in their stoppage season. Are they planning on introducing a reduced boating season license......

Edited by Tuscan

Is it CRT's way of restricting all boats with a home mooring to a short distance cruising pattern? The danger is you could go out for 2 or 3 months and then not be able to get back to your home mooring. It never used to cross my mind when planning my summer cruise (2-3 months) but last year and this year it's almost top of the consideration list! Maybe I'm just grumpy cos I'd planned on a northern canal trip, up the L+L and back to the midlands via the Trent. 

One of the coal boats have put this on face book :Bosley & Marple Locks will close tomorrow until further notice. CRT make no mention of the real reason for this stoppage / closure which is due to not maintaining the feeder from Combs Reservoir which they have recently discovered is collapsed in Whaley Bridge  So they now have both reservoirs on the Peak Forest inoperable, but at least they have as usual "consulted" (told us) about this. It's a shame they feel they have to take extra measures as they suspect boaters will "vandalise" the locks! 
"To prevent unauthorised access through vandalism, measures may be taken to make the locks inoperable. "

Think this is where the feeder feeds water to the canal via the Whaley bridge transport wearhouse pictures off there web site

04E467D3-05D2-4DD3-A4F0-370D7F7FC51B.jpeg

D1632966-5396-4EE1-B881-D920EC2F624A.jpeg

According to a non-random selection of boaters' blogs, there are quite a few people at the moment on the Macc who are moving to and fro - shops and water are not in the same place, but the nearest water and elsan is at the top of Bosley. They had better get into the right place pronto!

30 minutes ago, chevron said:

CRT make no mention of the real reason for this stoppage / closure which is due to not maintaining the feeder from Combs Reservoir which they have recently discovered is collapsed in Whaley Bridge  So they now have both reservoirs on the Peak Forest inoperable, but at least they have as usual "consulted" (told us) about this. It's a shame they feel they have to take extra measures as they suspect boaters will "vandalise" the locks! 
"To prevent unauthorised access through vandalism, officially sanctioned VANDALISM may be taken to make the locks inoperable. "

...remembering the CRT angle grinding off of lock gear a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

When travelling on CRT canals, remember to take - water, for floating the boat in, a spare set of lock gates, a set of lock paddles, a set of acrow props for holding up bridges, and an excavator for where the bottom is too near the top. Have I missed anything?

Yes, a crate of Guinness!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

When travelling on CRT canals, remember to take - water, for floating the boat in, a spare set of lock gates, a set of lock paddles, a set of acrow props for holding up bridges, and an excavator for where the bottom is too near the top. Have I missed anything?

GSOH?

17 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

Sonic Screwdriver?

Valium?

Infinite patience?