River class cabin photos/plans

sparrowcycles

Featured Posts

Hey folks, does anyone happen to have any pictures or plans of a river class cabin?

I'm doing some lockdown work on Yeo and am hoping to start the cabin fit out but for the life of me I cannot find the photos I took of Wye and that one is slightly different in being fitted with an elsan room .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

S

Interesting that shows the stove set parallel to the centre line of the boat, whereas most back cabins I've ever seen inside have the stove at an angle, roughly parallel to the hull side. Is this arrangement peculiar to the River Class? And was the stove actually positioned like that in practice?

I suppose one possible advantage of the layout shown is that you could have a straight vertical flue pipe rather than the usual cranked arrangement.

Edited by David Mack

On 28/04/2020 at 16:05, Chris M Jones said:

This any good!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

That's great, thanks!

Yeo will be a little different, being that it has no elsan (or WC) room but I'm sure they didn't change the overall design much. 

Many thanks! S

• 1 year later...
On 02/05/2020 at 23:05, Chris M Jones said:

I remember seeing TOW at Gas Street in the 1970's and remember the well deck was a foot or so longer than WYE, so presumably it had no toilet compartment. I stand to be corrected!

Sorry for the late reply. 

Yes it seems that, the first group of river class boats had a normal size well deck and the elsan room while the latter ones has at least a foot extra on the deck and maybe two foot more in the cabin. It will be quite a spacious cabin once I've finally fitted it out! 

I could certainly fit something larger than an epping in the stove hole.. Hmmm...