Moving newly bought boat

manicpb

Featured Posts

Yes, I too applaud the honesty but not the approach. It is yet another example of the lockdown rules being broken/manipulated and I really am against that sort of thing. The more people that break the curfew the more likely we are to not to get an easing; indeed exactly the opposite might materialise. Such an action encourages others who take the view if it is good enough for one.......

I am not allowed to visit my boat. May be I should adopt a similar approach! But I won't.

Edited by Traveller

Firstly thank you to everyone who responded (even to those who didn't give me the response I wanted), I was looking for a general consensus as to how the boater world was feeling towards movement and it looks as though it's as mixed as the rest of the nations public (certainly the running and cycling communities).

Having found the forum it looks a great source of information so expect to see me pop up again in the future!

With regards to the boat, I contacted CRT and they were sympathetic towards the mooring, living and overall ownership issues I have but stopped short of granting any sort of permission but reiterated the guidelines for me to decide if the journey is essential myself. The key words being:

"At this time you should not be making short trips or breaks on your boat for leisure purposes, these are classed as non-essential journeys".

I'll leave it for you all to make your own assumptions as to what decisions I may make. I hope this post raises no conflict as I'm purely posting as an update and closure on the topic.

Again thanks for the replies.

• Greenie 2