Amazon delivery by Royal Mail to a Locker?

Paddle

Featured Posts

I'm firmly not afloat, but I'm sure this is common knowledge amongst those who spend a lot of time afloat, so please indulge me.

I ordered something (grocery item) from Amazon Prime for delivery to the Amazon Locker near my home. It has finally (6 weeks later!) been delivered. I have been given a Royal Mail tracking number, but not a barcode from Amazon to open the locker. Royal Mail tracking confirms it has been delivered (though there is no signature). 

I am at a complete loss. Amazon don't even have a help function that I can see. Can anybody help please?

You don't get a barcode to open an Amazon box. It's a 6 or 8 figure alpha numeric code that you enter onto a touch panel at the box. If you do not collect withing 48/72 hours it's automatically returned to Amazon and you get a full refund.

Thanks both.

Pearley you do get a barcode that you can wave under the scanner, and a code that you can type in if you prefer!

I'm not convinced it will return to Amazon, as I'm not convinced that Royal Mail can put items into the lockers... and if they can it won't be RM taking them out again!

If you use "Problem with Order" Richard West it suggests you check with your neighbours. There's no real, live person to help on those links.

2 hours ago, Paddle said:

I'm firmly not afloat, but I'm sure this is common knowledge amongst those who spend a lot of time afloat, so please indulge me.

I ordered something (grocery item) from Amazon Prime for delivery to the Amazon Locker near my home. It has finally (6 weeks later!) been delivered. I have been given a Royal Mail tracking number, but not a barcode from Amazon to open the locker. Royal Mail tracking confirms it has been delivered (though there is no signature). 

I am at a complete loss. Amazon don't even have a help function that I can see. Can anybody help please?

The amazon web site/ app certainly does have help sections, whenever I have a problem I use the chat or phone back options and Amy problems are normally fixed immediately

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Paddle said:

Thanks. The telephone number does not work. And I can't even find a chat bot. Everything has been stopped thanks to Covid-19. It just tells me to ask the courier. Royal Mail say that it's been delivered.

did you login to amazon first?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Edited by restlessnomad

1 hour ago, Paddle said:

Thanks. The telephone number does not work. And I can't even find a chat bot. Everything has been stopped thanks to Covid-19. It just tells me to ask the courier. Royal Mail say that it's been delivered.

Strange I have used that number myself in the past and have and another number saved to my phone.

Try this one. 0800 279 7234.

Score, Restlessnotmad, that took me through to a real person on chat who eventually fixed it for me. Thank you. Just for the record, Royal Mail should not have been trying to deliver to a locker, that was a mistake. I wonder who did receive it!?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddle said:

Score, Restlessnotmad, that took me through to a real person on chat who eventually fixed it for me. Thank you. Just for the record, Royal Mail should not have been trying to deliver to a locker, that was a mistake. I wonder who did receive it!?

happy to help.

I would not have known, one of my recent order just did not arrive and I had no idea how to contact amazon... the number was not answered...

some of these companies really make it difficult by burying contact details somewhere deep inside their websites... 

13 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

happy to help.

I would not have known, one of my recent order just did not arrive and I had no idea how to contact amazon... the number was not answered...

some of these companies really make it difficult by burying contact details somewhere deep inside their websites... 

Try contacting Hermes!