Profile visits/views

Featured Posts

Just curious; you used to see a list of people that had viewed your profile, with the dates of the visit, but that seems to have disappeared completely and all you see is a blank space where the list used to be. I've looked at my profile settings in case I have altered something there but cannot find anything relevant. So, just out of curiosity, has something been altered by the forum admin/technical staff?

Roger

I wonder how meaningful this is.  When browsing the site, I often inadvertently open a member's page, especially on an ipad, when just a light touch on a person's name takes you to their profile.

• Greenie 3

4 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I see lists of visitors on my profile and on Athy's.

....whereas I can';t see any on yours. They are (were?) generally displayed down the left-hand side of the page, were they not?

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

....whereas I can';t see any on yours. They are (were?) generally displayed down the left-hand side of the page, were they not?

Deffo blank. I have just clicked on yours and Rogers and both blank.

20 minutes ago, Athy said:

I have just checked my profile and have found the same thing. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yes, LHS just under your Community Reputation and Warning Points etc.

Roger

Edited to add: Hhmm, thought I'd quoted your one asking where it was. 

Edited by Albion

14 minutes ago, dor said:

I wonder how meaningful this is.  When browsing the site, I often inadvertently open a member's page, especially on an ipad, when just a light touch on a person's name takes you to their profile.

I do this all the time, big fingers small screen. 

Seems the profile view is also missing for me as well, not that it matters particularly 

22 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Are you sure you dont mean 'followers'. I think thats different to 'visitors'. I can see 4 followers on your profile page, and 13 followers on Athy's.

Edited by The Happy Nomad
To add a bit.

14 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Are you sure you dont mean 'followers'. I think thats different to 'visitors'. I can see 4 followers on your profile page, and 13 followers on Athy's.

You are correct, it's different. I see that I do indeed have thirteen followers, half of whom I've never heard of and most of whom haven't posted for several years. Most flattering.

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, Athy said:

So you are using a computer? I am using my phone and the "Recent Profile Visitors" list is towards the bottom of the profile information, and above the recent posts.

44 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I can see 4 followers on my profile and 11 recent visitors, including Athy an hour ago and DHutch 4 minutes ago.

Screenshot_20200420-103333.png.6ff4862c774b4434365b78bf8323482e.png

Edited by David Mack

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Do you have a screenshot of this? (print screen as paste into ms paint, or use the ms snipping tool, on pc, press an hold power button and down volume on most android,  or any other device screenshot tool).

This is what I see on the PC.

profilescreenshot.png

And phone

Screenshot_20200420-103401_Brave.jpg

Thanks

Daniel

30 minutes ago, David Mack said:

So you are using a computer? I am using my phone and the "Recent Profile Visitors" list is towards the bottom of the profile information, and above the recent posts.

I can see 4 followers on my profile and 11 recent visitors, including Athy an hour ago and DHutch 4 minutes ago.

Weird - I can see your followers but not your visitors. (on an iPad)

Edit - Just fired up my Windows PC and it's the same.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Screenshot_20200420-103333.png.6ff4862c774b4434365b78bf8323482e.png

How interesting, Samsung android like mine presumably, as that looks like an upday logo.

I have certainly seen it before.

25 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Mine is working fine on Tablet and phone. However that is in legacy theme, It doesn't display in shift theme.

Yes, Ive just noticed you can change 'themes' and if you select 'legacy' you can see visitors to your profile again. And see visitors to other members too.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

But even then only if you have "Enabled" it.

errrr, yes that is correct.

I made what I think was a reasonable assumption that those who could see it before but no longer could had previously enabled it. In fact I suspect (but am not 100% sure) that it may be enabled by default. (In fact I have no recollection of specifically enabling it.)

Add a bit.

8 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

errrr, yes that is correct.

I made what I think was a reasonable assumption that those who could see it before but no longer could had previously enabled it. In fact I suspect (but am not 100% sure) that it may be enabled by default. (In fact I have no recollection of specifically enabling it.)

I suspect it's a default setting as well, I never enabled or In  fact disabled it, it just was and now isn't