The Virtual BCN Challenge 2020

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

Divert? Replanning? If only!

We are completely stuck in this pollution. Thanks to the Army helpfully moving the boat from the BLCM mooring (which as it isn't a junction, is not Covid safe) out on to the main line at Tipton Junction for us, we have got a boom between us and the tunnel, a boom between us and Tipton Green, and a boom between us and the rest of the Old Main Line.

I can see only one possible solution - we're heading for the pub!

1 minute ago, Keeping Up said:

we have got a boom between us and the tunnel, a boom between us and Tipton Green, and a boom between us and the rest of the Old Main Line.

Huh, typical boomers.  Any excuse to go to the pub.

2 minutes ago, Keeping Up said:

We are completely stuck in this pollution. Thanks to the Army helpfully moving the boat from the BLCM mooring (which as it isn't a junction, is not Covid safe) out on to the main line at Tipton Junction for us, we have got a boom between us and the tunnel, a boom between us and Tipton Green, and a boom between us and the rest of the Old Main Line.

You may want to book some time in the dock too because having your boat sitting in all that pollution for 24 hours could play havoc with the blacking

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

Huh, typical boomers.  Any excuse to go to the pub.

As Basil Brush so eloquently put it - Boom Boom

Baldrick perhaps said it even better - Boom, Boom, Boom

26 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Anyone who has managed to find all 10 is welcome to send their answers in to be checked if they are at all unsure

Just now, Captain Pegg said:

Have done that Jan.

Me too.  I found 11 of the 10 but think only 9 are right!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Keeping Up said:

Just go back in time to yesterday there was no problem then!

3 minutes ago, Keeping Up said:

I'll be interested if anyone has an answer, I spent a long time trying unsuccessfully before resorting to less direct ways.

I suspect you need to host it somewhere else and post a link

3 minutes ago, Ian Mac said:

Help how do I upload a MP3 or Wav file?

You can't since the filetype changes.

Accepted file types: gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, mp4, 3gp, mov, ogg, ogv, mpg, mpeg, flv, webm, wmv, avi, m4v

1 minute ago, Keeping Up said:

I'll be interested if anyone has an answer, I spent a long time trying unsuccessfully before resorting to less direct ways.

You could consider converting it to mp4.  mp3 is audio-only, but mp4 is technically a "multimedia storage format".  Free tools exist online - just search for "convert mp3 to mp4".

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Trackman said:

Yup. Us too. 

Where can I see the quiz and challenge for today? 

I have entertained myself writing an Excel spreadsheet to work out the answers to today's quiz. I enjoyed that, though double barreled port names were a bit of a pain.  

• Haha 1