The Virtual BCN Challenge 2020

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

It's good to know that others just do the drag and drop thing that I do, thanks for helping Allan with the quesry because I had suggested I just did a drag and drop but didn't know if there was a better way

Edited by cheshire~rose

12 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Is there no challenge challenge today?

After all the trouble I had with yesterday's photo I was looking forward to something easier.

This came earlier by email:

"Get your binoculars out! Today you are going to go bird spotting. Please provide details of 10 places or structures on the currently navigable canals of mainland Britain that include the name of a bird."

Just now, Keeping Up said:

This came earlier by email:

"Get your binoculars out! Today you are going to go bird spotting. Please provide details of 10 places or structures on the currently navigable canals of mainland Britain that include the name of a bird."

I reckon "Rose of Lancaster" is a lovely old bird ...

Yesterday's challenge - the winter woolies photo - wasn't the quiz though.

Heads up you lot! 

I am having a busy day (arranging flowers that have been delivered, making bread for my bacon, brie and cranberry sandwich for lunch, icing a cake, setting up my new Fitbit and "conquering" the south face of the stairs to test it out) 

I think I am completely up to date with the emails (at least I was 10 minutes ago so there are only likely to be another 30 new emails in there) 

I have to confit my duck this afternoon for tonight's dinner ....

and I have not had a chance to read your lovely cruise logs since last night so.... I am going to go and catch up with them and so if you get random notifiations for posts you made hours ago I apologise. 

Ia going to unfollow the cruise logs to reduce the amount of email notifications coming in so if you need my attention please tag me in 

Dear Teams

Apologies, I forgot to advise you of the daily challenge:

·        You are struck by the unusual lack of wildlife on the stretch of canal you are navigating today. Perhaps you can do something about that? Please create a swan in any way you choose and share a photo of your creation with us on your BCN Blog Thread. Hint: A towel sculpture or some Origami might be an easy way for some of you to complete this task

Behold aswan:

(d̶a̶m̶ damn, I think I have the hang of this now):

aswan.jpg

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Where is that banghead emoticon when you need it

giphy.gif

You can't fool me that's a cat, Rusty is a beagle  and anyway his err generous nose wouldn't allow that sort of momentum 

• Horror 1

2 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

Heads up you lot! 

I am having a busy day (arranging flowers that have been delivered, making bread for my bacon, brie and cranberry sandwich for lunch, icing a cake, setting up my new Fitbit and "conquering" the south face of the stairs to test it out) 

I think I am completely up to date with the emails (at least I was 10 minutes ago so there are only likely to be another 30 new emails in there) 

I have to confit my duck this afternoon for tonight's dinner ....

and I have not had a chance to read your lovely cruise logs since last night so.... I am going to go and catch up with them and so if you get random notifiations for posts you made hours ago I apologise. 

Ia going to unfollow the cruise logs to reduce the amount of email notifications coming in so if you need my attention please tag me in 

Goodness Jan. Just enjoy your day. You sound very busy. 

Whilst all we're doing is swanning around the BCN!

And trying to answer challenges

And writing logs. 

Well I have to say, as we start to add the running scores into our master spreadsheet it is VERY obvious that there is a great deal of competition among some of the teams and there are some remarkably close scores at the close of day one.

Our panel have advised that they are worn out already BUT they have thoroughly enjoyed reading your logs.

Which logs scored in the top 3 yesterday will remain a closely guarded secret until the end of the week - this gives a chance for others to catch up. Each day your log is judged afresh so keep that content coming, the panel are loving the imagination, the historical details and the photos. They are also enjoying the food references and the animals.

Here are a few of their comments from yesterday's logs:

• Steaming Behind for the boat design with steam engine, tea plantation and brewery. Brilliant!
  • Team Rebellion – loved the William in the ice and frozen duck pix
  • Urban Moorings log, particularly for the 'Idle Women' excerpt.
  • The Workers for the excellent upside down full English which I really enjoyed.
  • Whisky Galore as I like the name, the film, the drinks shown. Also extra points for the steam launch pic.
  • Firefly, I loved the cold weather gear pic.
  • Indigo Dreamers – who could not give bonus points to Harmony, Alex & Saffy. Also bonus points for the catering
  • Styxl  for the wooden boat repairs Can I also award a trillion points for pic of Ian Mac in scarves?

Each of these teams has been awarded a bonus point by our panel - very well done to everyone

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Well I have to say, as we start to add the running scores into our master spreadsheet it is VERY obvious that there is a great deal of competition among some of the teams and there are some remarkably close scores at the close of day one.

Our panel have advised that they are worn out already BUT they have thoroughly enjoyed reading your logs.

Which logs scored in the top 3 yesterday will remain a closely guarded secret until the end of the week - this gives a chance for others to catch up. Each day your log is judged afresh so keep that content coming, the panel are loving the imagination, the historical details and the photos. They are also enjoying the food references and the animals.

• Steaming Behind for the boat design with steam engine, tea plantation and brewery. Brilliant!
  • The Workers for the excellent upside down full English which I really enjoyed.
  • Whisky Galore as I like the name, the film, the drinks shown. Also extra points for the steam launch pic.
  • Indigo Dreamers – who could not give bonus points to Harmony, Alex & Saffy. Also bonus points for the catering
  • Styxl  for the wooden boat repairs Can I also award a trillion points for pic of Ian Mac in scarves?

Each of these teams has been awarded a bonus point by our panel - very well done to everyone

Jan. Thanks for the update. Encouraging to know we already have a bonus point. 

I think we should all be awarded bonus points if we manage to explain to anyone how a virtual challenge works. Our famiy and friends are aware that we are wappy but seem unable to grasp the concept of the challenge. 

8 minutes ago, Mrs Trackman said:

Jan. Thanks for the update. Encouraging to know we already have a bonus point. 

I think we should all be awarded bonus points if we manage to explain to anyone how a virtual challenge works. Our famiy and friends are aware that we are wappy but seem unable to grasp the concept of the challenge. 

I think I have managed to explain the concept to the CRT twitter-master 

Edited by Scholar Gypsy
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Feeling rather disappointed not to have got a bonus point for reaching Spaghetti Junction!

Just now, Keeping Up said:

Feeling rather disappointed not to have got a bonus point for reaching Spaghetti Junction!

I did actually miss out one of the comments, I was asked that as everything in your log was backwards would any points awarded be deducted from your score rather than added to it  :) 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cheshire~rose said:

Which logs scored in the top 3 yesterday will remain a closely guarded secret until the end of the week - this gives a chance for others to catch up

How do we know if we need to catch up if the scores are a secret?