The Virtual BCN Challenge 2020

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

Guys, 

anyone interested in buying an advanced copy of the score sheet (to be issued tomorrow lunchtime) so you can plan your start better. Copies are available for a small fee via our mole on the inside. Nudge nudge. Wink wink!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Guys, 

anyone interested in buying an advanced copy of the score sheet (to be issued tomorrow lunchtime) so you can plan your start better. Copies are available for a small fee via our mole on the inside. Nudge nudge. Wink wink!

Yes please,

Your team planner ...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Guys, 

You have looked at the second tab haven't you.

Being serious now that the planning sheets have been issued, is there anything that is actually going to happen to 1pm?

7 minutes ago, john6767 said:

You have looked at the second tab haven't you.

Being serious now that the planning sheets have been issued, is there anything that is actually going to happen to 1pm?

I might go and have an afternoon nap!

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

It's great to see so many cruise diaries started and judging by the start points we have been informed of there are certain moorings that are already getting quite full!

Make sure you keep socially distancing from the other entrants - now is the one time that git gaps between moored boats might not be frowned upon!

I hope you lot have not frightened off some of the teams that had initially got in touch to enter!

I am awaiting the start point and the creation of a cruise log for the following teams:

Team Firefly @john6767

Team Red Wharf @Victor Vectis, @Little Else @madcat

Team Peak @StarUKKiwi

Team @CornishMeades

Team Golden Eagle @Paul Scrutton

Team Urban Moorings @Golden Boyz

Just now, cmt1375 said:

Team Whisky Galore are making their way to Huddlesford Junction ready for tomorrow morning.

Schoolgirl error. On the Challenge you never disclose your starting point to other competitors.

Maybe you are bluffing?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

I am awaiting the start point and the creation of a cruise log

Has everyone declared their start point now?

We wouldn't want to give ours away in our log before teams have declared theirs!

2 minutes ago, RebelMike said:

Has everyone declared their start point now?

We wouldn't want to give ours away in our log before teams have declared theirs!

I believe so

I am just trying to complie the list - bear with me folks I am not feel too good today

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

Surely some mistake? Trying to throw us off the scent.

...as I said on our log thread, the smell on our boat is steadily increasing with the 13 crew and 12 dogs. Can't wait to get going.

18 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

can someone confirm sj901020  is correct startpoint thanks

Yes, that's where I told the crew to go, but you've posted this on the wrong thread.

25 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

can someone confirm sj901020  is correct startpoint thanks

We are starting with segment W21, followed by W20. My own private numbering system, so won't make a lot of sense. Other segments are named O, M, D and S, you wan probably work out the code....

8 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

...as I said on our log thread, the smell on our boat is steadily increasing with the 13 crew and 12 dogs. Can't wait to get going.

Yes, that's where I told the crew to go, but you've posted this on the wrong thread.

Sorry wrong thread will try and delete it

3 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Sorry wrong thread will try and delete it

Too late. Of course we’ll have to carpet bomb the area because we won’t be able to see your Stealth ‘Ampton boat.

All widebeams should have that feature.

JP

3 minutes ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

We are starting with segment W21, followed by W20. My own private numbering system, so won't make a lot of sense. Other segments are named O, M, D and S, you wan probably work out the code....

You are supposed to be doing the BCN challenge, not going to WOMAD!

W21 is either a distillery tax return or ahydrogen bomb, so I'm not sure how this helps.

3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

You are supposed to be doing the BCN challenge, not going to WOMAD!

W21 is either a distillery tax return or ahydrogen bomb, so I'm not sure how this helps.

Hm, I'll look that up. I thought it was a segment of the Wyrley and Essington canal...

Update

It has been decided that we are not going to be too rigid with the deadline that had originally been set for this lunchtime as there was a late flurry of entries among them people who have maybe not done the real BCN Challenge before or are having to get their heads around the forum software. There are also people who are VERY familiar with both who have simply not got their act together and there is also a partial entry from a very different time zone who we would like to try and include if we can - because they can! and that was something we hoped might happen with a virtual challenge.

Providing we have all these cruise logs up and running today and I know everyone's start point then it will be fine.

In the mean time <fanfare> for anyone out there who is lurking and just wants to follow what the teams are up to -  We have the following teams with their cruise logs up and running:

Massive well done to all of you for getting your entries vitually afloat!  I am expecting one more cruise log to materialise soon!

Two of our teams have advised of their withdrawal.

• Greenie 1