The Virtual BCN Challenge 2020

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

I wish to formally announce to the good people of the CWDF parish that despite Covid-19 and the lockdown there WILL be a BCN Challenge this year

giphy.gif

This will be a challenge like no other BCN Challenge that has ever taken place and you can prepare yourselves for an epic journey through time and space.

With the blessing of@Mrs Tawny Owl who, with @RLWP looks after the real BCN Challenge I am currently in cahoots with @Capt Ahab to bring to your lock-down a veritable feast of a challenge that will be open for each and every one of you to get involved in.

You do not have to be in Birmingham, you do not even have to be in the UK!  You do not have to own a boat or be capable of handling one, you just need to have a bit of time on your hands, an enquiring mind and a good dollop of imagination.

In the fullness of time I will release further details of how to sign up for the challenge (no fees involved) and what it entails.

For now all you really need to know is that it will start on Monday 4th of May 2020 at 9am (BST) and will run for 6 days ending at 9pm (BST) on Saturday 9th of May. The scores will be announced on Sunday 10th May when you are all invited to join us in a virtual pi** up to celebrate with the winning team

Pop the date in your diary and start thinking about who you might want in your lock-down team - choose wisely because you are going to be working with them for 6 whole days!

• Greenie 2

oh bugger!

It looks like we are going to have to proof read that score sheet again @Capt Ahab

9 minutes ago, Kiwidad said:

I’m in

8 minutes ago, john6767 said:

What a good idea, well done for coming up with this.  We are assembling a team!

2 minutes ago, Richard T said:

We will be up for this. Maybe we will team up with Mr & Mrs Trackman.

Well it appears there are at least 5 teams lining up and straining at the bit for more details which is brilliant and we thank you for your enthusiasm.

There is much work going on behind the scenes at present to ensure this event has any potential wrinkles ironed out before more details are published but I wanted to give folks a reminder that this event really is open to EVERYONE and there are no barriers to prevent anyone taking part.

I know there are a number of forum members who get their boating fix here because they have restrictions to their physical ability making the prospect of the regular BCN Challenge an impossibility for them. This one will be done within your own home and, if you choose, you do not even need to change out of your PJ's to do it!

This will open up opportunities for inclusiveness so those in your extended household (or group of friends) who may be restricted due to their age, (whether that is because they are either too young to be safely let loose around locks or advancing years has caught up with them) to join in. There are going to be lots of bonus points available throughout the event which may appeal to a wider audience with differing creative abilities

Gosh. Our beloved NB Iona was sold with heavy hearts. We now have the opportunity to virtually own her and cruise on her again!

Bring it on!

ETA we'll have a virtual Millie dog on board and Unkle Richard can give her chips at the end ?

Edited by Ange
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Ange said:

Gosh. Our beloved NB Iona was sold with heavy hearts. We now have the opportunity to virtually own her and cruise on her again!

Bring it on!

ETA we'll have a virtual Millie dog on board and Unkle Richard can give her chips at the end ?

I do hope you will have the properly arranged virtual assault course on the cabin top for Millie to get her exercise as she walks back and forth each day. :)

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

This one will be done within your own home and, if you choose, you do not even need to change out of your PJ's to do it!

What, there is no requirement to stand fully dressed in a cold shower for 14 hours, that’s not very realistic.

• Happy 1

I'm well up for competing, although don't know if my crew are going to stage a mutiny 

What's your simulated challenge for a fouled prop going to be? Put 14 carrier bags and a wheelbarrow tyre in the tumble dryer on high and try to remove the remains? 

• Haha 4