Anyone near Cropredy ?

waterdog

Featured Posts

35 minutes ago, haggis said:

I don't consider ANYONE safe at the moment and I give everyone a wide berth. Not only am I protecting me, I may be protecting them as I may be incubating the virus.

haggis 

And IMO in three months time nothing will have changed, you still wont know if I have it and I still wont know if you have it

On 16/04/2020 at 19:14, waterdog said:

We're looking for some info on services (water points, pump out, fuel) etc near Cropredy (ish). 

We are c.c. liveaboards and left our boat in Cropredy Marina just before the lockdown to look after our grandson in Sussex when the schools closed and his mum & dad were at work.

Three weeks later the government has now announced another 3 weeks minimum lockdown and our daughter and son in law are now both on furlough so we have become spare parts really and would like to get back to our home.

Some people seem to think the primary residence of waterdog is the house where he or she is now

The bit in bold would suggest otherwise

I am in a house that is not my home - the law and the guidance allows for moving home, so if I need to "go home" (I've been where I am four weeks) I can

The only question for the OP is whether they can get at their boat

Edited by magpie patrick
Spooling Mistok

27 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

The only question for the OP is whether they can get at their boat

I'd say the 5 bar gate at Cropredy Marina could easily be climbed over in extremis to get to the boat, then just cruise it out onto the cut. Walk back to get the car. 

15 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'd say the 5 bar gate at Cropredy Marina could easily be climbed over in extremis to get to the boat, then just cruise it out onto the cut. Walk back to get the car. 

It is low risk but it would probably invalidate any insurance (ignoring the requirements of the marina owner) in the event that in negotiating out of the marina damage is done either to another boat or to the marina facilities. It would also be worth making sure that you never want to return as you might well be persona non grata!

Might be interesting getting arrested for stealing your own boat :)

no need for any subterfuge though, it's all agreed with the marina for us to collect the boat. Happy to say that the staff at Cropredy have been brilliant and really helpful, both when we left the boat and in making the arrangements to collect again.

• Happy 2

Glad this had a happy ending. Worse areas to be in lockdown than Cropredy. The fuel boats here seem to be carrying on so possibly fuel boat Dusty will be too and will be coming through Cropredy at some point to save you needing to move for diesel.

11 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Dusty gone north yesterday to refuel and coming South Again Possibly tomorrow in Cropredy. Told us Banbury Tuesday.

What a lovely couple of people they are.

katie is lovely but Jocks an ugly sod ?

• Haha 1

On 18/04/2020 at 11:43, waterdog said:

Might be interesting getting arrested for stealing your own boat :)

no need for any subterfuge though, it's all agreed with the marina for us to collect the boat. Happy to say that the staff at Cropredy have been brilliant and really helpful, both when we left the boat and in making the arrangements to collect again.

Hope your journey went smoothly. Did you manage to safely get back onboard?

Hi all, 

We're back onboard and safely moored up outside the Marina. 

No issues on the journey or when collecting the boat, only saw 2 police cars and they were heading south on the M40 on blues & two's. (We were heading north ?)

Staff at cropredy were again fantastic and couldn't have been more helpful. ?

• Greenie 4

On 16/04/2020 at 21:12, zenataomm said:

In today's email, it seems quite clear to me.

Of course some will say, but this is their home, they're only returning to it.

You yourself say, your residence is registered elsewhere, so if you want to nit pick about its meaning to you, then I suggest you might have the authorities being blunt with you about what they mean.  You're concentrating on the effect on this instruction to you, the authorities are concentrating on stopping movement to stop the transmission of a killer virus. It's your move and your conscience .... or not.  I understand there are many people whom have been caught away from their home, some abroad and they're stuck.

e222ab91-74a5-45d9-a1b6-569bc8afb08f.png

Coronavirus & boating update, 16 Apr 2020

............To be clear, if you are not currently occupying your boat the government guidance is that you must not visit it .................

I took "visit" to mean a trip to and from home.

From a disease point of view, if you can get from Base to Boat without stopping along the way, I think it's a better option, but if you have been in contact with folks who have been working, you should take a fortnight in isolation, just in case.

If you recall my problems, I determined to move out of a busy place full of transient people, the CRT were quite proactive, I thunk your situation is a bit wooly because you have been living in a household, with attendant dangers, if it were me, I would re locate and self isolate.

Even when restrictions are lifted it will have to be done is a controlled or staged manner , else the situation will be chaos on on DAY 1

Edited by LadyG

32 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I took "visit" to mean a trip to and from home.

Me too - moving home is permitted 

It also shows a problem with poor English - guidance can never really say "must" in this context is clearly intended to mean "obliged to", yet guidance can only guide...