Conway wooden boat no 19

glynnbarry123

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, glynnbarry123 said:

Hi up date on conway the old wooden boat front end fully restored  all leaks on hull sorted.

Started to removed all rotten wood on stern and replace new cabin . I did put it on Ebay to what intrest ther was in it but usuall full of idiots dont intend to sell her just trying to get some history of her so many different story's about

Were there many leaks to deal with?

Ah, Wooden boats. Pretty fore end, stern needs a bit of a sort out but at least you have a bit of new wood to build from, that side plank is good. If the counter block is OK then you stand a good chance of getting a usable boat relatively quickly. I can absolutely guarantee that you will never go past a skip without looking in it on the off chance that somebody has chucked a bit of oak away. Very best of luck with it.

• Greenie 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, glynnbarry123 said:

Conway outside nearly finished

20201211_152203.jpg

Congratulations - you've certainly done a lot of work. I reckon it would benefit from having ballast added at about where the back end of the hold would be. That would get the stern down so the counter is in the water and supported more to stop it hogging further.

Tam

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 21:27, glynnbarry123 said:

Hi up date on conway the old wooden boat front end fully restored  all leaks on hull sorted.

Started to removed all rotten wood on stern and replace new cabin . I did put it on Ebay to what intrest ther was in it but usuall full of idiots dont intend to sell her just trying to get some history of her so many different story's about

Welcome to the world of wooden and tco boats

On 07/01/2021 at 22:55, glynnbarry123 said:

Thanks for the comments I am well pleased hope to get name and canvases soon and finish stern

Protective textiles are good for all things canvas, they will work to a plan if you need top cloths and fit eyelets, etc. Easy to deal with and very reasonable. The link is to traditional canvas but the ripstop is very good and the reinforcing isn't as noticeable as the pictures suggest. 

https://www.protectivetextile.co.uk/product/traditional-canvas-material/