Who is the Site Owner (Split from Best Canal Boat Mag)

qaz

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

To be expected considering how other postings have tied into the original thread

its because google listed this as a mag and i assume the mag owns the forum. although i can find the actual mag. anyway thanks for the name

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

To be expected considering how other postings have tied into the original thread

I think we are looking at just another case of someone returning with a different username for a bit of mischief....

(With or without the handcuffs...)

34 minutes ago, qaz said:

its because google listed this as a mag and i assume the mag owns the forum. although i can find the actual mag. anyway thanks for the name

No you can't.  There is no Canalworld mag.  There's  Canal Boat, and  Waterways World magazines, and of course  Narrowboat World, but I'm not quite sure what that is apart from a vanity project.

Edited by Mac of Cygnet
  • Greenie 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 15/03/2020 at 19:12, qaz said:

FWIW contributors from both the main magazines are members here and I am almost sure at least one is/was the magazine editor.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

You are correct. Two, I think.

I can think of at least 3 people who have edited one of the canal magazines that are or have been members on here.  It could easily be more, as not everybody uses their real name when posting, of course - that last bit would also apply to 'qaz' who I am convinced was a doppelgänger for a former member.

• Greenie 1

Indeed: Hugh (last-but-two editor at WW, though that undersells his many years running it!), me (last-but-one editor at WW), and Kevin (last-but-two editor at Canal Boat) have all posted here. Plus Andrew is assistant editor at WW and has posted here - earlier today, in fact.