Boating fix video

mykaskin

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, howardang said:

I would be interested to hear from Mike why he posted this video because if he thought that it would be a pleasant watch it seems to have missed the mark! A shame, because it have enjoyed Mikes other videos.

Howard

Agree. I thought the actual filming was excellent. 

I disagree, apart from those few minutes with the rudeness, which is no reflection on Mike, it's a good watch. Nice boating footage and well filmed. That can't have been easy to film, constantly overtaking etc. With not much to do at the moment 40 mins of decent boating footage and nice countryside is welcome relief. 

I’ve enjoyed watching both episodes.

OK, he was in the wrong at Atherstone top and it was a bit cringing to watch. Mike could have edited it out but obviously saw no need to protect the guilty ?. I dare say knowing he had a long day ahead clouded judgment as he didn’t want to follow another boat down the flight. They passed Fradley in the dark and according to Mike’s comments overnighted at Rugeley.

That’s a direct reversing engine, right? If that thing had a ‘modern’ vintage engine with a nice gearbox there’s plenty of commenters here that could hit a gate with it. I know I could, cos I’m sure I’ve done it in something similar. I’d imagine that’s a pretty hard boat to handle and well beyond the experience of most here.

JP

13 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

OK, he was in the wrong at Atherstone top and it was a bit cringing to watch. Mike could have edited it out but obviously saw no need to protect the guilty ?. I dare say knowing he had a long day ahead clouded judgment as he didn’t want to follow another boat down the flight. They passed Fradley in the dark and according to Mike’s comments overnighted at Rugeley.

That’s a direct reversing engine, right? If that thing had a ‘modern’ vintage engine with a nice gearbox there’s plenty of commenters here that could hit a gate with it. I know I could, cos I’m sure I’ve done it in something similar. I’d imagine that’s a pretty hard boat to handle and well beyond the experience of most here.

JP

If he had been a working boat he would have known the road well enough from frequent use to know that the bollard that he seemed to snap off through and injudicious rope stop was about to fail - unless he is an extreme supporter of Darwinism and enjoys every opportunity to report a failure to CaRT!

On 14/04/2020 at 20:44, Captain Pegg said:

JP

Pedant alert.....I suspect that it was Glascote top lock, not Atherstone.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, monkeyhanger said:

Pedant alert.....I suspect that it was Glascote top lock, not Atherstone.

No you don’t. You know it was Glascote because he started below Atherstone. I can never remember which order all those little towns between Nuneaton and Tamworth come in.

No excuse about following through flights then, just generally clouded judgment.

JP