Lockdown ? What Lockdown?

Momac

Featured Posts

40 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

Makes me wonder how northern Europe has remained populated for so many thousands of years.

Because we've evolved to have lighter skin to soak up sun rays, the more northern you go, the paler the people, the closer to the equator the darker the skin. 

Edited by Jennifer McM
  • Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Because we've evolved to have lighter skin to soak up sun rays, the more northern you go, the paler the people, the closer to the equator the darker the skin. 

But that has been the case for thousands of years of population growth without vitamin supplements during the winter months.

Just now, Sir Nibble said:

But that has been the case for thousands of years of population growth without vitamin supplements during the winter months.

Perhaps this is why during years of bad weather pandemics raise their ugly heads. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_of_1315–1317 

We've only been recording weather for 'a blink of eye' in the life of our evolution.

5 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

Based on your logic, you would wonder how the Western world has survived without a whole variety of things, like our NHS for example.

32 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

The general health and age of death was considerably lower not too long ago and diminishes the further back you go! Rickets and scurvy still exist in some poorer countries but i can remember victims of these in my lifetime. 

• Greenie 2

13 minutes ago, BWM said:

The general health and age of death was considerably lower not too long ago and diminishes the further back you go! Rickets and scurvy still exist in some poorer countries but i can remember victims of these in my lifetime. 

As I mentioned before, when Asian immigrants started to arrive in the 70s, their children were getting rickets. It's thought their dark skin was naturally blocking out the sun/vitD. It's what I was trying to explain, perhaps this could be the cause of why BAME are falling to this virus more than others. Vit D supports the immune system. In the 70s Asian immigrants were advised to make more use of eggs (good source of Vit D) in their diet. 

In the UK from Victorian times, poor children were given a spoonful of codliver oil before bed ?

Edited by Jennifer McM

35 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

As I mentioned before, when Asian immigrants started to arrive in the 70s, their children were getting rickets. It's thought their dark skin was naturally blocking out the sun/vitD. It's what I was trying to explain, perhaps this could be the cause of why BAME are falling to this virus more than others. Vit D supports the immune system. In the 70s Asian immigrants were advised to make more use of eggs (good source of Vit D) in their diet. 

In the UK from Victorian times, poor children were given a spoonful of codliver oil before bed ?

It is scenes like this filmed yesterday why BAME communities are more susceptible to this virus:

Nothing to do with Vitamin D!!

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

It is scenes like this filmed yesterday why BAME communities are more susceptible to this virus:

Nothing to do with Vitamin D!!

You could be right. The authorities say they're looking into the reasons why. Not sure anything will be published though.

6 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

You could be right. The authorities say they're looking into the reasons why. Not sure anything will be published though.

I don't believe it is a case of could be right, I'm fairly sure it is right.

They live different lifestyles to the typical UK family. They live in larger family units often with several generations per house hold increasing the risk of both catching and transmitting the disease. And though either ignorance or arrogance are choosing to ignore social distancing and lock down guidelines.

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

I don't believe it is a case of could be right, I'm fairly sure it is right.

They live different lifestyles to the typical UK family. They live in larger family units often with several generations per house hold increasing the risk of both catching and transmitting the disease. And though either ignorance or arrogance are choosing to ignore social distancing and lock down guidelines.

"They" being who? that is a very broad generalization, and does not fit the the lifestyle of the black people that I have known. Apart from which it would be very easy to post photos of young white males behaving in exactlty the same way, it proves nothing.

• Greenie 3

14 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

"They" being who? that is a very broad generalization, and does not fit the the lifestyle of the black people that I have known. Apart from which it would be very easy to post photos of young white males behaving in exactlty the same way, it proves nothing.

They being BAME individuals. If you watch the entire video you will see that it is BAME people off all sexes and generations not just young males and not white!

Edited by Naughty Cal

6 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

They being BAME individuals. If you watch the entire video you will see that it is BAME people off all sexes and generations not just young males and not white!

Where was it filmed, in a city in the U.S.A?

8 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

That does not detract from your totally unwarranted racist allegations that "they" are not like us. How many of the thousands who descended on Public places in the sunshine were from Black and Ethnic Minority groups?

Police bosses warned 'this is not a holiday'

Coronavirus madness as thousands defy advice and head to pubs ...

Edited by David Schweizer

Just now, David Schweizer said:

That does not detract from your totally unwarranted racist allegations that "they" are not like us. How many of the thousands who descended on the National parks etc in the sunshine were from Black and Ethnic Minority groups?

Nothing racist in my comment at all.

BAME communities in general live in larger family units, meet people outside of their family units on a more regular basis for religious purposes and congregate in market/large shops as part of their daily routine.

Of course there are some BAME people who have followed more western trends and live differently, the same goes for any ethnicity.

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

Nothing racist in my comment at all.

BAME communities in general live in larger family units, meet people outside of their family units on a more regular basis for religious purposes and congregate in market/large shops as part of their daily routine.

Of course there are some BAME people who have followed more western trends and live differently, the same goes for any ethnicity.

Ahh but that common sense reply doesnt fit with your racist attitude does it :rolleyes: You are of course correct. Asians for one live in far bigger family units, thats not racism its a fact that those of us in the know, actualy know. It benefits them as they get older as they do look after their own better than we do, we being the white majority in the country. The huge trouble I have found on this problem are that a hell of a lot of posters have no clue what racism is.

• Greenie 2