BBC 4 Canal Boat Diaries tonight (Sun) 7.30

Flyboy

Featured Posts

This has been on before but some may not have seen it. A good oportunity to see if you are bored being locked down.

!st episode of 5 tonight Shardlow to Etruria on T&M.    BBC 4    7.30pm    Freeview Ch. 9

On 12/04/2020 at 17:09, Flyboy said:

This has been on before but some may not have seen it. A good oportunity to see if you are bored being locked down.

!st episode of 5 tonight Shardlow to Etruria on T&M.    BBC 4    7.30pm    Freeview Ch. 9

2nd episode of 5 tomorrow ( Sunday 19th April)  on the Caldon Canal.    BBC 4    7.30pm    Freeview Ch. 9

On 18/04/2020 at 20:17, Flyboy said:

2nd episode of 5 tomorrow ( Sunday 19th April)  on the Caldon Canal.    BBC 4    7.30pm    Freeview Ch. 9

3rd. episode of 5 tomorrow ( Sunday 26th. April)  Marple to Huddersfield.    BBC 4    7.30pm    Freeview Ch. 9

23 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

Is it the Robbie Cummings one? liked the series, the guy has excellent presentation skill.

Yes and he also has some excellent Vlogs on Utube like this.  Mostly  the bits not used in the tv series.

Edited by Flyboy

@Flyboy I have binge watched a lot of vlogs... cruising the cut(the reason why I got interested in first place), Robbie Cummings, sort of interesting, Foxes Afloat, This narrowboat adventure, Journey with Juno(not much) etc

These guys are well known on the forum.

Here is my favourite Robbie Cummings video, not on his own channel

Edited by restlessnomad

2 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

@Flyboy I have binge watched a lot of vlogs... cruising the cut(the reason why I got interested in first place), Robbie Cummings, sort of interesting, Foxes Afloat, This narrowboat adventure, Journey with Juno(not much) etc

These guys are well known on the forum.

I too am a big fan of 'cruising the cut' I have watched hours of him over the last four or five weeks. He has a very bland style but watchable none the less. He also doesnt mind posting his balls ups and he has a very dry sense of humour, so dry that you dont always immediately realise he's said something funny.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I too am a big fan of 'cruising the cut' I have watched hours of him over the last four or five weeks. He has a very bland style but watchable none the less. He also doesnt mind posting his balls ups and he has a very dry sense of humour, so dry that you dont always realise he's said something funny.

I actually prefer his relaxed style(not bland at all), compared to some others who dramatise a bit. He is way ahead of rest in terms of subscribers.

2 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

I actually prefer his relaxed style(not bland at all), compared to some others who dramatise a bit. He is way ahead of rest in terms of subscribers.

I seem to recall his background is in TV, he's mentioned it a couple of times but I'm not sure what his role was, whether in front of camera or in another role.

Has anyone else noticed that his engine seems to only run at one speed? No matter if he's coming into a lock, cruising an open stretch of canal, going through Standege Tunnel, stopping to close lock gates, idleing in neutral, all seem to be the same engine speed.

36 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

Has anyone else noticed that his engine seems to only run at one speed? No matter if he's coming into a lock, cruising an open stretch of canal, going through Standege Tunnel, stopping to close lock gates, idleing in neutral, all seem to be the same engine speed.

Which boater are you refering to? 

7 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

The one on the telly programme.

Right , that will be Robbie Cummings then.  There have been references to others on YouTube, that's why I asked.

I think he runs his engine at a slow speed to keep the noise level down as he uses an iphone as a camera.

21 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

It's a pretty old, low HP engine (12 I believe) - it can definitely pick up some pace (we cruised with him along the Calder & Hebble Nav) however it makes an large amount of noise when it does!  I can't remember the make of it for the life of me (it's on the tip of my tongue...) but it won't spit itself out.

58 minutes ago, Unicorn Stampede said:

It's a pretty old, low HP engine (12 I believe) - it can definitely pick up some pace (we cruised with him along the Calder & Hebble Nav) however it makes an large amount of noise when it does!  I can't remember the make of it for the life of me (it's on the tip of my tongue...) but it won't spit itself out.

It's a 2 pot Lister.  You can see it at 2 mins 30.   

Edited by Flyboy