A good news story for a change

WotEver

Featured Posts

Nurse had her bike stolen, cops replaced it with one of theirs plus caught the culprits. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nottingham-frontline-nurse-had-bike-stolen-but-not-all-was-lost-11971922

image.png

Edited by buccaneer66
Duplicate images

To steal from outside a hospital is as low as it gets. 

My younger daughter studied at the QMC. 

If they’d stolen her bike, I would have been delighted to meet them for the sentencing. I’m normally mild mannered, but might make an exception. 

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

Nurse had her bike stolen, cops replaced it with one of theirs plus caught the culprits. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nottingham-frontline-nurse-had-bike-stolen-but-not-all-was-lost-11971922

image.png

It hasn't got a blue flashing light

1 minute ago, Alway Swilby said:

It's an unmarked police bike.

The force I was in decided that it would be good for what were then called " Community bobbies "  to be seen out and about on push bikes, Now I have always hated them but thought fair enough so I collected one from the nick, I lived in a sub station house at the time in a very rough area that I was community policing. In fairness we were not ordered to use a bike but hey ho give it a go. I was pedaling around in a dump called Airedale which only people from Castleford would know and a 999 call came in at the other end of Castleford at an old persons bungalow near the four ways pub and the beat cars at the time were commited so I was asked to attend. I pedalled this friggin heavy sit up and beg bike like billio for the 3 miles including through a red traffic light at King Billy crossroads on a hot sunny day and was sweating like a pig " get it? lol " when I got there!! Old lady was ok having had some scumbag prop man ( police jargon ) at her bungalow who had just left. I rode the bike back to the nick and never got on one again lol. Twas 1979 or 80 iirc.

41 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

?

A "Lady" appeared on several threads at once a couple of hours ago, appearing to offer one-to-one ways of relieving lockdown boredom. A couple of early-rising colleagues soon sent her packing. I almost wrote "soon got things in hand" but that might be open to misinterpretation.

Edited by Athy

4 hours ago, Athy said:

A "Lady" appeared on several threads at once a couple of hours ago, appearing to offer one-to-one ways of relieving lockdown boredom. A couple of early-rising colleagues soon sent her packing. I almost wrote "soon got things in hand" but that might be open to misinterpretation.

Spoil sport. Ladies get lonely too you know!?

Its 70 feet long, painted red all over. There is a rack of gutting knives in the cratch, a couple of shot guns in the back hatches.

Oh, and you can't miss it, there are 4 huge German shepherd dogs chained to the bollards.

Don't have any food in your pockets when you call, they haven't been fed for a couple of days.

Anytime you like, no need to ring first, always ready and able.

On 12/04/2020 at 17:24, cuthound said:

I think it is time to re-introduce the village stocks. 

Rather than bring my own rotten tomatoes I'd  bring a red hot poker...

Dont forget you must feel sorry for the perpetrators. Poor sods may have had a bad upbringing and been misunderstood as children?  After all at only 29 and 35 years of age they need protecting from society innitt.

• Greenie 1

On 12/04/2020 at 08:29, mrsmelly said:

?

On 12/04/2020 at 09:06, Athy said:

Yup due to a my body deciding 2 am was a really really good time to wake up I reported some interesting spam from a new poster, not that I clicked on the link :)

I obviously wasn't the only early bird because it was dealt with fairly quickly 

• Greenie 1

Why is everyone looking at me?   Oh, don't, it was not me in another guise!

Mad Harold has not showed up yet.

I've had bikes nicked, it very annoying especially if you are miles away from home when they go. I'd put the scroats on the chain gang.

On 12/04/2020 at 17:24, cuthound said:

I think it is time to re-introduce the village stocks. 

Rather than bring my own rotten tomatoes I'd  bring a red hot poker...

You must be the baby-eating Bishop of Bath & Wells employed as a debt collector by the Bank of the Black Monks of St. Herod (motto: "Banking with a smile and a stab"),

• Greenie 1