Infringement of human rights...or not?

Dr Bob

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

I might have guessed you were not a blood donor. That's nothing to be proud of.

There may be good reasons for him not giving blood, yet you see fit to jump to a negative conclusion. Why do you do that?

6 hours ago, Higgs said:

Nowt to hide, therefore, no one has any need to have my DNA.

Your statement suggests that, presumably those with something to hide pop to the relevant place to give a sample of their DNA?

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

I might have guessed you were not a blood donor. That's nothing to be proud of.

I don't know my blood group either and I an not a blood donor, nor will I ever be.

I carry a virus which is for life and no one else would want it. Hence no giving blood

Not everyone can give blood.

23 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

There may be good reasons for him not giving blood, yet you see fit to jump to a negative conclusion. Why do you do that?

Not a negative conclusion - just me not being surprised. He was the one boasting about not knowing his blood group. I fully recogise that there may be umpteen excuses reasons for not giving blood, and my comment did not preclude them.

16 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I don't know my blood group either and I an not a blood donor, nor will I ever be.

I carry a virus which is for life and no one else would want it. Hence no giving blood

Not everyone can give blood.

Indeed, but you don't post your absence of knowledge as some kind of badge of honour.

It happens that I myself can no longer give blood (the reason does not concern anyone) but I do know what my blood group is. I don't consider that to be personal or sensitive (O Rh neg). 

Isnt it great guys. I go away for 6 hours and come back to everyone arguing with each other again.

I only asked where peeps stood on human rights. Wished for a nice discussion on pro's and cons.

Once again,peeps slagging each other off and no jokes?

In pre Covid19 days, we would at least get some jokes by page 2. Wots gone wrong?

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Isnt it great guys. I go away for 6 hours and come back to everyone arguing with each other again.

I only asked where peeps stood on human rights. Wished for a nice discussion on pro's and cons.

Once again,peeps slagging each other off and no jokes?

In pre Covid19 days, we would at least get some jokes by page 2. Wots gone wrong?

Theres a bird id thread with jokes

8 hours ago, tree monkey said:

, could you imagine 20yrs ago the level of monitoring we have now

Can you imagine the level we're likely to have in the next 20 years. When we go cashless, you'll always have your phone or at least your card, and in another 20 years, we'll all be microchipped like our pets!!!

• Greenie 1

Just now, Ex Brummie said:

Can you imagine the level we're likely to have in the next 20 years. When we go cashless, you'll always have your phone or at least your card, and in another 20 years, we'll all be microchipped like our pets!!!

They will have no problem finding me in 20 years, I will be exactly where they left me

• Haha 2

I think what may happen is:

1. No app stay indoors for next 6 months

2. Bars, pubs etc lockies lol no app no passing go so go away

3.trains and tube no app no travel

Apple and google are even working together to try and make sure the apps all talk to each other across both platforms and it would be down loaded by system update.

intresting times just glad i am no longer working as I did aircraft engineering for 50 years all those aircraft parked up need each wheel turing 1/4 turn once a week that is a s**t load of wheels to jack up! Emirates A380 fleet 4 main + nose, jack 9 times per a/c and and a fleet of 120 thats 1080 jack ups every week and thats only the A380 fleet lol.

2 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

Your behind the times, It is aready being done in Germany and Sweden plus other places around the world.

10 hours ago, Quattrodave said:

A few years back I worked at a data centre that compiled 'Big Data'. Basically they stored and organised anonymous general data. However when you run some clever algorithms the data would be pieced together. The results were truly terrifying! I dare say its improved somewhat, I got out of that as soon as I could.  The uk already holds the highest percentage of cctv cameras per capita!!

Some years ago an old school friend of mine who's son was 'something ' in a large police force was taken to their forces cctv control room. Said son demonstrated that by pressing a few keys he could zoom in on stations, bus stops etc etc. He did so by homing in on a person as he got off a train, followed him out of the station and some distance along a road. All without the individual concerned having a clue as to what was happening. An everyday event but creepy.

10 hours ago, Oddjob said:

Intresting times just glad i am no longer working as I did aircraft engineering for 50 years all those aircraft parked up need each wheel turing 1/4 turn once a week that is a s**t load of wheels to jack up! Emirates A380 fleet 4 main + nose, jack 9 times per a/c and and a fleet of 120 thats 1080 jack ups every week and thats only the A380 fleet lol.

Why do you need to turn the wheels once a week? Why not just push the entire plane back 2 foot?

Edit

Now I think about it, would I be correct if I guess it's more to do with tyre loading?

Edited by Quattrodave
extra info

11 hours ago, Oddjob said:

intresting times just glad i am no longer working as I did aircraft engineering for 50 years all those aircraft parked up need each wheel turing 1/4 turn once a week that is a s**t load of wheels to jack up! Emirates A380 fleet 4 main + nose, jack 9 times per a/c and and a fleet of 120 thats 1080 jack ups every week and thats only the A380 fleet lol

Just hook the tractor on and push it back 3 feet, (all wheels tuned in one go) next week push it back another 3 feet, repeat twice more, then start to roll it forward 3 feet at a time ………………. repeat.

Its just a 5 minute, one-man job

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Just hook the tractor on and push it back 3 feet, (all wheels tuned in one go) next week push it back another 3 feet, repeat twice more, then start to roll it forward 3 feet at a time ………………. repeat.

Its just a 5 minute, one-man job

If the lockdown continues the plane might actually reach its planned destination 

• Haha 1

Some of the old lorries that I drove would get a 'flat' area on the tyres if they were parked up for the weekend loaded. Probably had some sort of old cross ply tyres or something, took half a mile or so before they stopped going thump thump  on the road.

Just now, tree monkey said:

If the lockdown continues the plane might actually reach its planned destination 

No, its a bit like the Constant Moorers.

A to B to C to D to C to B to A to B …………………………………...

The other alternative is do what 1000's of caravan & trailer owners do "Jack it up, put it on bricks and take the weight off the tyres"

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

No, its a bit like the Constant Moorers.

A to B to C to D to C to B to A to B …………………………………...

The other alternative is do what 1000's of caravan & trailer owners do "Jack it up, put it on bricks and take the weight off the tyres"

My idea was more fun ;)

1 hour ago, Quattrodave said:

Why do you need to turn the wheels once a week? Why not just push the entire plane back 2 foot?

Edit

Now I think about it, would I be correct if I guess it's more to do with tyre loading?

Is it to avoid the planes getting a parking ticket? The wardens note where the valve caps are to check if the vehicle has moved, so I gather....

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

CaRT use specially trained spiders to put webs from boat to bank.

I painted the front of our conservatory on Friday (can you tell I’m in lockdown?) and had to remove a spider’s web when I did so. I did say sorry at the time, but no idea if the spider heard me. Saturday morning, covered in dew, the web was back!