Dakin family’s

Featured Posts

I’m one of many grandchildren from ken Dakin how resided at the cottage in Hounslow wife his new wife Betty if my memory but did not meet her as I’m a shundones child  daughter next cottage down was Albert  Mummy mum lived with Arthur in late 72-3and Arthur Osborn  dad was in the next cottage down in late 1980 as I was in a home round in Ealing and found him them i moved to Buckinghamshire to find  more family he returned later after his stroke and relocation to Buckinghamshire to family care

that to bill she later married and lived with till his passing in pitstone but ken spent some time working the zoo boat after the narrow boat then lock keeper All any book title authors wher their is reference to Kenneth /Ken Dakin Dorothy/Dolly Moore Dakin Brown bill any think even the hordes of children or any thing as our copy's where lent to family which we have never seen since and nether thought to right it down and we have pride in their shabby determination and the evolution and social struggles that made our parents us so the next generation have great growth and tolerance any help much appreciated 

Hello Michele,

What is it you want to know? There are several people here who know members of the Dakin family. Here's a photo of (young) Kenny (who lived in the cottage at Park Royal) stood on the hopper behind our tug, working on maintenence. The photo is at the bottom of the thick at Hanwell early/mid 1970s.

Tam811907131_16c86226.jpg.1031dc9039401c67e619f7eb9c28c1f7.jpg

Both my brothers spent a some time with Ken's sons John and Kenny in the 1970s.

When I first met John he was acting as crew on the converted motor Phobos. I'm not sure if Kenny was employed on the Waterways at that time or not.

Sadly one of my brothers has since passed, and the other who used to contribute to the forum no longer does.  I can't recall if pictures he posted in the past included any of John or Kenny, but it is possible, as I know he had some in his library.

2 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

I've got one of those too, but I can't remember where it is - we've still got some boxes unpacked since we left Bulls Bridge 20 years ago     ?

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di
clicked send too soon

19 hours ago, Michele Dakin said:

I’m one of many grandchildren from ken Dakin how resided at the cottage in Hounslow wife his new wife Betty if my memory but did not meet her as I’m a shundones child  daughter next cottage down was Albert  Mummy mum lived with Arthur in late 72-3and Arthur Osborn  dad was in the next cottage down in late 1980 as I was in a home round in Ealing and found him them i moved to Buckinghamshire to find  more family he returned later after his stroke and relocation to Buckinghamshire to family care

that to bill she later married and lived with till his passing in pitstone but ken spent some time working the zoo boat after the narrow boat then lock keeper All any book title authors wher their is reference to Kenneth /Ken Dakin Dorothy/Dolly Moore Dakin Brown bill any think even the hordes of children or any thing as our copy's where lent to family which we have never seen since and nether thought to right it down and we have pride in their shabby determination and the evolution and social struggles that made our parents us so the next generation have great growth and tolerance any help much appreciated 

Hello Michele 

i am from the Harrison canal family & lived on the hanwell thicket for a while so did many of my family billy brown was raised by my godparents albert & cissy sibley so i knew billy from a baby i am the niece of tommy humphries & also niece on my nanny's side to tommy osborne other family members off the thicket where wards Hone ,Holt Humphries , calif lane  .Dakin , Green, Boswell ,joe safe 

to name a few . i have contact with many of our joint relatives on f/book. Ken worked the zoo bus with Joe Harrison i also remember him when he worked at Park Royal on the Guinness &  on the tow path tractor

• Greenie 1