Ball Park Figure To Weld In A New Well Deck

Featured Posts

So looking for a ball park figure Of what it would cost to have someone weld in a new Well Deck. Either fully sealed round the edges or a sort of suspended platform

The space is about 1.7m x 1.5m

My boat which has a wooden top currently has a wooden front door which is connected to a wooden platform over the watertank. This needs replacing as that floor is delaminated severly. As you may or may not know alr3ady the boat was designed so water enters the well deck and drains to the rear where it is pumped out. 

We are currently building a Cratch Cover to stop this but will need the floor redone as said either in wood or in steel so just seeing what the comparison is cost wise 

Regards  

26 minutes ago, TheSaintlyOne said:

So looking for a ball park figure Of what it would cost to have someone weld in a new Well Deck. Either fully sealed round the edges or a sort of suspended platform

The space is about 1.7m x 1.5m

My boat which has a wooden top currently has a wooden front door which is connected to a wooden platform over the watertank. This needs replacing as that floor is delaminated severly. As you may or may not know alr3ady the boat was designed so water enters the well deck and drains to the rear where it is pumped out. 

We are currently building a Cratch Cover to stop this but will need the floor redone as said either in wood or in steel so just seeing what the comparison is cost wise 

Regards  

My guess would be a grand?????

Assume  you do the basic prep- remove old floor, clear out all  crap, remove any serious rust and get it all dry, then  you do the painting afterward.  Take the job to the welder.   Then a good day's work, plus  steel,  a few welding sundries.  A grand ought to do it.  

If you want full service, no prep or finish input from you and the welder comes to the job  it looks like more than £2k to me.

In London?   It will be a loada money.

Martin Kedian of this patch might be worth talking to if you are somewhere near him.

N

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

Assume  you do the basic prep- remove old floor, clear out all  crap, remove any serious rust and get it all dry, then  you do the painting afterward.  Take the job to the welder. 

Agree. This is well over half the work!

I think if it's anything North of a Grand then redoing the whole thing in Wood is probably the better option as my boat partner is an established carpenter. And as said with the install of the Cratch Cover Frame he is currently constructing this will stop water ingress. 

Thanks for all the replies

With a timber top a timber deck is always going to be easier IMO.  The joint between the vertical cabin face and the edge or zngle  flange of a steel sheet deck would be a PITA.  With an in house chippy it's a no brainer.

N