Busier today

sirweste

Featured Posts

On 09/04/2020 at 18:46, Richard10002 said:

I think I've told this tale before here, but it bears repeating:

I might have been the person you describe when I went to the local shop a few weeks ago. We were short of vegetables and salad, so I went to the "One Stop". Before leaving, I asked if my wife needed anything else, - "hairspray, if you see any".

The veg, salad, bread, and milk, shelves were empty, but I did find some hairspray of the correct brand.

So the only thing I bought was a can of non essential hairspray. In fact, given the state of my head, you would have thought it the most non essential thing ever purchased :)

I definitely felt guilty, and made it clear to the cashier that it wasn't what I'd come for.

I did, however, get lots of brownie points when I got home. I came home with the one thing Janet had been certain I wouldn't have :)

So spare a kind thought for the guy with the non essential orchid - he may not have been able to find the essential/s he came for and, one thought that crosses my mind is that, it might have been the last thing he ever bought for his loved one :( 

The shelves were fully stocked.  So no.

I found a similar effect in Waitrose when I last went shopping three weeks ago. Wide aisles, considerate adults all keeping 2m away. No squabbling kids tearing about. Good quality food. No queue even to get in.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

On 14/04/2020 at 11:11, Mike the Boilerman said:

I found a similar effect in Waitrose when I last went shopping three weeks ago. Wide aisles, considerate adults all keeping 2m away. No squabbling kids tearing about. Good quality food. No queue even to get in.

The shelves in the local coop were sparse but most things were available and I even got bread flour and the queues were small

The local butchers was stuffed with quality meat with a moderate 6 or 7 peeps long queue. 

Everyone was well behaved and like you say no kids

37 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

The shelves in the local coop were sparse but most things were available and I even got bread flour and the queues were small

The local butchers was stuffed with quality meat with a moderate 6 or 7 peeps long queue. 

Everyone was well behaved and like you say no kids

Our coop this morning even had Gro bags :D we were getting low on compost for the planters and stuff so we got some gro bags to grow essential fruit and veg :D

Edited by mrsmelly
  • Greenie 1

29 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Our coop this morning even had Gro bags :D we were getting low on compost for the planters and stuff so we got some gro bags to grow essential fruit and veg :D

BSP has had a delivery from the local independent garden centre, 10 bags of compost,  I bet you know who is pushing the wheelbarrow full of compost down to her boat ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

BSP has had a delivery from the local independent garden centre, 10 bags of compost,  I bet you know who is pushing the wheelbarrow full of compost down to her boat ;)

Yup, she is. As a doctor I must advise you not to ?

• Greenie 1