Post boxes

Featured Posts

I often need to find a post box when out cruising and often struggle.Today thanks to a posting on Facebook I found this site https://postboxes.dracos.co.uk/  it uses your location and shows where the nearest postbox is on a map that also shows canals, roads, lanes and some, but not all footpaths. 

Down here its not accurate, the box at the top of my road isn't on there and there is one in the middle of a field ;)

Could just be a  duff location of the field box and that should be the one on my road.

As I have a minor passion for post boxes (there is a fine specimen in Banbury with a vertical slot...) I have sometimes used this app to give myself a guided tour when in an unfamiliar town, an evening walk, pillar box to pillar box, can uncover some hideen gems, postal and otherwise...

(honest, I'm not mad, it just looks that way sometimes)

2 hours ago, Loddon said:

Down here its not accurate, the box at the top of my road isn't on there and there is one in the middle of a field ;)

Could just be a  duff location of the field box and that should be the one on my road.

Looks a great app, but here in the village there are two boxes, but three on the map. I've walked past the location of the phantom one a hundred times on the way to the post box, so I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed it !

• Greenie 1

On 06/04/2020 at 11:49, ditchcrawler said:

I often need to find a post box when out cruising and often struggle.Today thanks to a posting on Facebook I found this site https://postboxes.dracos.co.uk/  it uses your location and shows where the nearest postbox is on a map that also shows canals, roads, lanes and some, but not all footpaths. 

Brings back the recollection of asking a passing local where the nearest box was. After giving detailed directions she said "give it to me its much too difficult to find". Nice to meet helpful people.

• Greenie 1