At least someone is enjoying our boat

Featured Posts

Go on, at least tell us what we could have seen. I'm bored, done the parents' shopping drop, now back home wishing I was boating ?

edit: ah right. on phone didn't even show a still from the vid. Just pulled it up on laptop and now it's loaded. Worth the wait. Stunning animal and excellent quality from the cam

Edited by BilgePump
  • Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Wasn't there a musician calling himself Terry Dactyl?

@Athy?

Ok a three second google says yes!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Dactyl_and_the_Dinosaurs

Yep, they were usually called Brett Marvin & The Thunderbolts, led by Graham Hine who toted one of those sexy Flying-V guitars. I used to see them and chat to them often when the 100 Club was my local music haunt, a friendly bunch and an excellent blues-based band. They had their name changed (by the then respected Jonathan King, I think) to Terry Dactyl etc. for their hit record 'Seaside Shuffle'.

I was watching the live feed from Chester Zoo yesterday with my granddaughter, and a heron landed among the Humboldt penguins. It drew itself up to its full height as if to say "I think we can agree who is in charge here". 

Wonderful birds. According to the Memsahib, they are all called Henry.

11 hours ago, Ianws said:

Wonderful video ( original poster of the heron). Thanks for posting, it cheered me up immensely.

Absolutely.

I wonder, did Tonksy spend ages waiting patiently with her camera until a heron arrived, or is it a fixed camera with some form of remote control?

4 hours ago, Athy said:

Absolutely.

I wonder, did Tonksy spend ages waiting patiently with her camera until a heron arrived, or is it a fixed camera with some form of remote control?

Fixed in place with a bit of editing I guess. 

On 07/04/2020 at 08:07, Athy said:

Absolutely.

Fixed in place, with motion sensors. No editing, just cut length a bit. We’ve had herons perch there for much longer sometimes, barely moving, but that doesn’t make for such good viewing

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Tonksy said:

Fixed in place, with motion sensors. No editing, just cut length a bit. We’ve had herons perch there for much longer sometimes, barely moving, but that doesn’t make for such good viewing

A remote control klaxon would liven it up ...

• Haha 2