Diesel Fuel Cap Security

Featured Posts

With the lockable caps, when they sit horizontally, what happens to any rainwater that gets into the key entry slot? Does it trickle through to the fuel, or does it it their making the mechanism rusty? I always smear vaseline around ours after removing the key but I'm sure that some must get in anyway.

12 hours ago, Athy said:

Yes, that would be a sensible reply at the moment.

It is surely not difficult to follow the logic that at a time when much less diesel is being used, there is much less demand for it.

On the other hand, with so many people laid off and on reduced or zero income, the temptation to steal diesel (or any fuel) must be elevated for the foreseeable. 

17 hours ago, KJT said:

We also have a Dipstop locking cap. Excellent piece of kit. BUT...... the keys (2) are made of a very soft metal and I sheared one off in the lock. It was a bugger to remove. I have emailed and phoned DIPSTOP on numerous occasions to try and get a replacement, to no avail. And I tried many key cutting companies. No success as it is a unique design key and they can’t get the blanks. So I have to be VERY careful now with my only spare! ?

You need a time served Locksmith, They make their own blanks when required

9 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

On the other hand, with so many people laid off and on reduced or zero income, the temptation to steal diesel (or any fuel) must be elevated for the foreseeable. 

And this thread explains how and which boats to target! ?

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

2 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I'm safe.

My pump out and diesel filler pipes are next to each other on the roof. I've swapped the labels over....

:giggles:

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Horror 1

3 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I would have thought that the 'baddies' will have much more idea of how to get into a diesel tank than us law abiding (mostly) citizens ever could.

I doubt they would / could learn much from this thread.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I would have thought that the 'baddies' will have much more idea of how to get into a diesel tank than us law abiding (mostly) citizens ever could.

I doubt they would / could learn much from this thread.

Most just unscrew the cap