Can somebody tell me what where I can get a new pipe from?

BIG DOG BONGO

Featured Posts

BMC 1.8D engine.

ASAP?   Calcutt?

Any diesel workshop will be able to make pipes up to your sample.  Where are you?

If they are leaking from the swaged olive at the end, and won't seal with nipping up, you can try solder tinning the olives, usually works.

• Happy 1

Are we talking the leak off pipe on top of the injectors?  If so gently rub the sealing faces of the banjo connectors ( the round brass bits) on some 400 grit wet and dry on top of a mirror tile or a piece of glass, until the faces are clean dand and flat.  Then anneal (heat to red hot and allow to cool) any copper washers that fit on the through bolt either side of the banjo.  Reassemble and tighten.

If that does not cure it fit bonded seals (Dowty washers) of the right size in place of the copper washers.  Richard (RLWP)  of this parish can probably supply these.  Google MES Midlands to contact.

If it is the main fuel pipe to the injector then Tracy above has it.

N

• Happy 1

3 minutes ago, BEngo said:

If it is the main fuel pipe to the injector then Tracy above has it.

N

Only, a diesel shop will supply you with a bit of straight pipe of the right length with the right fittings on the end. And some of those BMC pipe routes are very complicated

I'd buy a preformed injector pipe, last ones we got from Calcutt

Richard

• Happy 1

I thought you were wanting an injector pipe, the thicker ones, not the leak off rail on the tops of the injectors.

If it is the leak off rail, you buy it complete and a set of 10 new copper washers. 2 different sized ones on each injectors and 2 bigger ones for the banjo union on the end to the filter head.

Thanks guys, great advice. Yes they where tight on the end one which is leaking. Yes it’s the top pipe as attached. Tried tape no luck with that and tried a copper washer. It does seem to slightly be out of line. Is the solder any good? How would you do that? 

D9A15D36-8293-4DD1-87D7-753DDC825D7A.jpeg

7 minutes ago, BIG DOG BONGO said:

Thanks guys, great advice. Yes they where tight on the end one which is leaking. Yes it’s the top pipe as attached. Tried tape no luck with that and tried a copper washer. It does seem to slightly be out of line. Is the solder any good? How would you do that? 

D9A15D36-8293-4DD1-87D7-753DDC825D7A.jpeg

Remove the pipe, clean the end/s with sandpaper. Plumbers solder and flux. [Laco will work best] and a blowlamp. Tin the olive all over, just a thin layer of solder. Clean the pipe well especially inside. Refit, bend the pipe till it meets the union square on, cross fingers.

Edited by Tracy D'arth
added more

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

BMC 1.8D engine.

ASAP?   Calcutt?

Any diesel workshop will be able to make pipes up to your sample.  Where are you?

If they are leaking from the swaged olive at the end, and won't seal with nipping up, you can try solder tinning the olives, usually works.

I’m

Thanks Tracy will give that a whirl tomorrow and let you know how I get on ??‍☠️

35 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Refit, bend the pipe till it meets the union square on, cross fingers.

Very sound advice. With both ends of the pipe free with the nuts pulled back both ends should align perfectly with their respective nipples, if the pipe alignment is OK tighten both ends to 'finger tight' prior to final tightening.

Edit: Looking at the enlarged image of the pipe end seating it may already be a new pipe job.

Edited by OptedOut
  • Happy 1