Forum "Reactions"

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, 1st ade said:

Isn't there a limit of five "Greenies" per day? Perhaps the software counts all reactions as Greenies?

Yes, it would do that. But Halsey suggested that he couldn't add any at all.

Edited by Athy

Yes but I hit this "notice/limit" yesterday so why is it not allowed today and my reactions are varied not all greenies.

I will desist for a while and see what happens in a couple of days time - thanks all...……………….

Edited by Halsey

29 minutes ago, Athy said:

As you can see I've just added one to your post, so I suspect the problem is with your computer rather than with the forum's working parts. 

Athy, I claim plagarism ... "unimpressed" is mine, mine alone ?

I find I am rationed, I think it re-sets every day.

Edited by LadyG
  • Haha 1

Does anyone have a rational explanation for why there is ANY limit on the number of greenies that can be awarded on here?

This is the only forum I've ever encountered where they are rationed. 

It's bizarre.

10 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Forum policy is that you are NOT supposed to be enjoying yourself on this forum.

Finding more than five posts a day that move you to the extent you want to express your appreciation or agreement is strictly BANNED as you are finding out. 

You're slipping! I was expecting "as any fule kno" inna Molesworth stylee.

Just now, Athy said:

You're slipping! I was expecting "as any fule kno" inna Molesworth stylee.

Anyone attempting to overload this site with Greenies will be asked to leave.

Other sites are available . ?

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Forum policy is that you are NOT supposed to be enjoying yourself on this forum.

Finding more than five posts a day that move you to the extent you want to express your appreciation or agreement is strictly BANNED as you are finding out. 

STOP IT. 

You have been warned. 

I was going to like this post but our overlords have decided I have had enough fun.

Actually not really 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Does anyone have a rational explanation for why there is ANY limit on the number of greenies that can be awarded on here?

It's bizarre.

Am I right in thinking that, years ago, one could award red ones as well as green ones, to indicate dislike or disapproval? In that case, perhaps the ration was imposed to discourage members from personally attacking others by awarding them multiple demerit points.

Valid question, and I must say I do not recall when and why we imposed limits on the number which could be given.

When it first came it, you could only give a greenie, then it was expanded to all the different types, some positive, some neutral, and a down vote. We then removed the down vote option.

Anyway, reviewing it appears members had a limit of 20 per day, new members 0 allowed, editors and patrons for some reason only 6.

I have now set all of the limited up to 250 per day which should in effect remove the limit, without strictly being unlimited in terms of floodcontrol.

Thanks

Daniel

17 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Valid question, and I must say I do not recall when and why we imposed limits on the number which could be given.

When it first came it, you could only give a greenie, then it was expanded to all the different types, some positive, some neutral, and a down vote. We then removed the down vote option.

Anyway, reviewing it appears members had a limit of 20 per day, new members 0 allowed, editors and patrons for some reason only 6.

I have now set all of the limited up to 250 per day which should in effect remove the limit, without strictly being unlimited in terms of floodcontrol.

Thanks

Daniel

how many do site owners get?

Edited by Murflynn

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It's bizarre.

I've been on several fora where they are rationed. Generally the reason being that you get cliques of members who up vote just about everything others of the group post. This can discourage quieter posters who might spend a bit of time and effort on a review or trip report only to find some inane one line contribution has had more reaction.

• Greenie 2

5 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

I've been on several fora where they are rationed. Generally the reason being that you get cliques of members who up vote just about everything others of the group post. This can discourage quieter posters who might spend a bit of time and effort on a review or trip report only to find some inane one line contribution has had more reaction.

Reminds me somehow of the Eurovision Song Contest.

Oh, have a greeno by the way. I seem to have some spare....

Edited by Athy