Gi us a job

Ray T

Featured Posts

Is this a new low for the CRT?. As Cygnus is a job employment firm, could £40 be a pittance for canal work. The question is what type of work. may be it is office work, whilst the managers swan off somewhere. 

Up to £40 - not per hour, in total....

You'd be quackers to take that

5 hours ago, Athy said:

I must take issue with the job description; when did anyone last hear a swan honk?

Most of the ones on canals are mute swans, so they would only honk if they had poor personal hygiene...

10 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Mrs Bob used to support the Swans when she lived in Morriston before she went to Uni.

Has she got any old programmes, they'll Vetch a few, Bob....

Just now, Dr Bob said:

She did have a canal over the road, till they filled it in.

Give how far the Swansea Canal is off the main system, it surprises me how many people know it!

1 hour ago, magpie patrick said:

Has she got any old programmes, they'll Vetch a few, Bob....

I remember going to the Vetch in the early 70's when they were in the 4th division (+ or - 1) playing to a crowd of circa 100. The most entertaining was Tony Millington (to goalie) buying pies during the game from the guy with the pie tray and eating them as the game went on. Used to get free tickets when going down there as Mrs Bob's dad worked in the prison next door and had tickets for each game. Tony Millington used to be big for West Brom in his 'normal' playing days IIRC?

Give how far the Swansea Canal is off the main system, it surprises me how many people know it!

I think they are restoring the bit just north of the motorway roundabout where it crosses Clydach Road. Mrs Bob used to live just south of the roundabout..

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I think they are restoring the bit just north of the motorway roundabout where it crosses Clydach Road. Mrs Bob used to live just south of the roundabout..

They are - I'm working with them on it - where the council depot used to be in Clydach. I'm also working with the developer for the rest of the depot site

Medium term plan is Clydach to the playing fields in Trebanos 

I think we might hold a CWDF banter there sometime... ;) 

They are - I'm working with them on it - where the council depot used to be in Clydach. I'm also working with the developer for the rest of the depot site

Nah, its in Wales!

Is Trebanos north of Pontadawe? It's ages since we have been down there and I'm just a Scouser.

...eta.......Receives slap across the head from Mrs Bob.

Edited by Dr Bob

6 hours ago, zenataomm said:

I put "Honk" into Google Translate.

In Swan it means "I can break a man's arm with my wing"

The Thames swans have their own local dialect, in which at 7am during an NBT coal run it means "Party time over here alongside Brighton! Let's all wake up Peter X and the rest of the crew!".

44 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

oh, that would be ace!!

22 hours ago, Athy said:

I must take issue with the job description; when did anyone last hear a swan honk?

Geese honk in flght just so you look up.

SPLAT

I think swans do the same, but rarely,  they are surprisingly cabable in low level groups, we used to meet them at shoulder height on Ayr beach when exercising horses in a group.

Edited by LadyG

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Geese honk in flght just so you look up.

SPLAT

I think swans do the same, but rarely,  they are surprisingly cabable in low level groups, we used to meet them at shoulder height on Ayr beach when exercising horses in a group.

Thank goodness the cows don't fly. :closedeyes:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LadyG said:

That's because of the 'ground effect'.

To put it simply, when near the ground the air beneath the wings is compressed resulting in less effort required to remain airborne, in effect generating more lift.

When Gliding we would do a 'beat-up' for the full length of a one-and-a-half mile runway, at about 15-20 feet and loose very little speed, pull up to about 300 feet, tight turn and land.

17 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

That's because of the 'ground effect'.

To put it simply, when near the ground the air beneath the wings is compressed resulting in less effort required to remain airborne, in effect generating more lift.

When Gliding we would do a 'beat-up' for the full length of a one-and-a-half mile runway, at about 15-20 feet and loose very little speed, pull up to about 300 feet, tight turn and land.

As per the Russian Ekranoplan.

th.jpg