Getting desperate

Ray T

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

It doesn't allow you to have the paddles open at both ends of the lock; nor to moor up while in the lock!

I guess you can't have the paddles at the top open when the gates are open at the bottom. So, no flushing out

Richard

On 29/03/2020 at 18:09, zenataomm said:

Just had a go, I think more reality could be added like ...

I have to say I thought it very good and the responses quite realistic.

Needs someone to develop a COVID-19 version. :D

To Elsan, shops, waterpoint and back. 

Edited by Ray T

2 minutes ago, PeterF said:

I also ventured over the aqueduct to Trevor basin and I do not think it is very realistic because Jones the Boat did not come onto the aqueduct from the other end whilst I was on it.

Try getting up to Llangollen and see if you meet the trip boat 

14 minutes ago, PeterF said:

I also ventured over the aqueduct to Trevor basin and I do not think it is very realistic because Jones the Boat did not come onto the aqueduct from the other end whilst I was on it.

Two possible reasons, Jones the boats has retired, also with the current Government restrictions he would not be allowed out. :captain:

Reviewed 13 January 2020

His lease was up and the canal authority would not renew. The boats are for sale the building has been broken up. A sad end for the Jones family trips were always excellent. Enjoy your retirement peter.

Date of visit: August 2019

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186439-d7231429-r738943255-Jones_the_Boats-Llangollen_Denbighshire_North_Wales_Wales.html

Edited by Ray T

24 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Try getting up to Llangollen and see if you meet the trip boat 

Last year, I was front boat in a group of 3 boats, wife walked to the end of the first narrows, phoned me saying clear and all three of us set of. Trip boat turned up and would not stop even though he was told we were almost out. Much cussing and cursing, had to reverse to the passing point for him to pull in and then shuffle three boats past. Would have been quicker for him to wait. Idiot.