Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Jennifer McM

Don't forget your clocks!

Featured Posts

Okay, so clocks go back - how far? ;) 

I seem to be living in a world where the clock minute hand isn't needed at the moment!

Look on the bright side, everyone will spend a whole hour less indoors.

5 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

I seem to be living in a world where the clock minute hand isn't needed at the moment!

Here you go, something to work on. :D

clock-face-template-hour-minute-second-hands-to-make-your-own-time-isolated-white-background-44644038.jpg

OIP.jpg

Edited by Ray T

godammit, just set three up for monitaring, it's like1960 all over again, I'm testing a wind up one, we had so little to do, lazy days.

1 hour ago, magpie patrick said:

They go back minus one hour.

(For the arithmetically challenged, that means forward one hour).

1 hour ago, Phil. said:

Look on the bright side, everyone will spend a whole hour less indoors.

er, why?

34 minutes ago, churchward said:

I vote for putting the clocks forward 6 months.

I’ll go for 12 months, a vaccine will be available and summer will be coming up.  Welcome to 2021, let’s just forget 2020.

As I always reply (twice a year) to these posts, I won't be doing anything to my clocks.  But at least from tomorrow Mrs Mac and I won't be living in different time zones.

I guess I might care what time it is when the lockdown is lifted, at the moment it's just meal time and bed time when I'm hungry or tired respectively! 

I think I've got three clocks now, but I fancied a matching set, New York, Paris, London

1 hour ago, magpie patrick said:

I guess I might care what time it is when the lockdown is lifted, at the moment it's just meal time and bed time when I'm hungry or tired respectively! 

Cheer up, it may never happen [not very appropriate sorry]

Edited by LadyG

We will change our clocks tonight. Not sure it will make a blind bit of difference though.

18 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Life is normally quite regimented and the diary somewhat overstuffed so I'm enjoying some down time!

Although I'd rather there wasn't a pandemic of course, but I'm making the most of it - the joy of reading a book or listening to music without clock watching :)

45 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I think I've got three clocks now, but I fancied a matching set, New York, Paris, London

What about Peckham?

13 hours ago, Ian F B said:

What about Peckham?

Del Boy, yes a great characature, not so many around these days.

First time I went to London for a job interview [age 21], I arrived at 06.00, having driven through the night in my mini 224JVD A very kind taxi driver led me to Whitehall, great days, real people.

Edited by LadyG

14 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

We will change our clocks tonight. Not sure it will make a blind bit of difference though.

Don't you look forward to lovely light evenings? O.K., it's not yet the time of year for drinks, picnics and barbecues by the river, but it soon will be.

Edited by Athy

11 minutes ago, Athy said:

Don't you look forward to lovely light evenings? O.K., it's not yet the time of year for drinks, picnics and barbecues by the river, but it soon will be.

Athy, if only.

Rule of thumb:

Six days to adjust

Six weeks to run the experiment  keep status quo or turn the screw

Sixteen weeks to determine results.

Edited by LadyG

12 minutes ago, Athy said:

Indeed. We are approaching the season to not have kiddies easter egg hunts and easter holidays. Then we will enjoy the season to not have barbecues and not go boating. Just look forward to the warm evenings not sitting in the pub garden and sunny afternoons not watching cricket. Think of the steam rallies and country shows we can all not go to. I'm looking forward to not going to an airshow or two and not taking my granddaughter camping. Don't you love the summer.

For some reason, Freesat tv listing webpage has gone forward  2 hours, and I can’t see how to set it to the correct time. Luckily it really doesn’t matter.

15 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

Life is normally quite regimented and the diary somewhat overstuffed so I'm enjoying some down time!

Although I'd rather there wasn't a pandemic of course, but I'm making the most of it - the joy of reading a book or listening to music without clock watching :)

Yup, that's the way to think of it.  Find the upside to the situation and take advantage of it.  If every day is a drudge it is going to wear you down but if you can find the good things you like about the situation you will come through it in a good state. 

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Athy, if only.

Rule of thumb:

Six days to adjust

Six weeks to run the experiment  keep status quo or turn the screw

Sixteen weeks to determine results.

Eh? How does this relate to my post which you have quoted?

1 hour ago, Sir Nibble said:

Indeed. We are approaching the season to not have kiddies easter egg hunts and easter holidays. Then we will enjoy the season to not have barbecues and not go boating. Just look forward to the warm evenings not sitting in the pub garden and sunny afternoons not watching cricket. Think of the steam rallies and country shows we can all not go to. I'm looking forward to not going to an airshow or two and not taking my granddaughter camping. Don't you love the summer.

I shall miss steam rallies etc, yes - but I was anticipating what we COULD, not couldn't, do.

Athy is in the enviable position of having a secluded garden fronting the river.   I don't begrudge him it in the least, but not all are so fortunate.

12 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Athy is in the enviable position of having a secluded garden fronting the river.   I don't begrudge him it in the least, but not all are so fortunate.

Indeed - I have mentioned in another thread that staying at home must be tedious if "home" is a bed-sitting room.

But yes, as said garden catches the afternoon and evening sunshine, using it more as the weather gets warmer is something to look forward to.