CRT All manned locks,bridges & tunnels

PaulJ

Featured Posts

Following the announcement from the Prime Minister (8.30pm, 23 March 2020) regarding the UK’s response to the coronavirus crisis, we are asking leisure boaters to stop all non-essential travel and not to visit their boats if they do not live aboard permanently. As a result, and to help those who live-aboard (along with those who would need to travel to their boat in order to move it) we are suspending the requirement to move every 14 days. The suspension will be kept under review in line with revised Government guidance, applying initially until 14 April 2020. During this period, you do not need to contact us to tell us you will be staying in one location for more than 14 days.

If you are a live-aboard boater or are currently occupying your boat, essential movement could be:

• to access water or waste facilities
  • to access essential food and supplies
  • to access urgent medical treatment
  • for emergency mechanical service for your boat
  • for emergency vet treatment for your pet

Please note that from Monday 30 March, unless there is an emergency or boaters require passage for one of the reasons above, all our employee-operated locks, bridges and tunnels will be closed

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

And does this also apply to CRT's volunteer-operated locks, bridges and tunnels?

2 hours ago, PaulJ said:

Yep. Quite rightly CRT withdrew all vollies on Wednesday (25th)

I just wondered by the message didn't say that.

52 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I just wondered by the message didn't say that.

On Wednesday 25th various places had 'booking required' notices sent out as a result of the vollies being withdrawn -Watford flight for example. I only know this as I was trying to get through Watford before the notice was issued.It was all a bit confusing-first I had to convince the chap on the phone that the vollies had been withdrawn and then convince him that the Watford flight wasnt anywhere near London ?

Paid CRT employees were to lock you through where neccs and if available.

This Boaters update, released yesterday, makes it very clear what CRT consider 'essential movement' to mean.