Notification "Marina Closed Until Further Notice"

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Received an email from our Marina management team :

Following the government advice for us all to stay at home, avoid all non-essential travel and to practice social distancing we would like to advise customers of the following:

• Please remain in your primary residence and do not use your boat to self-isolate. We ask that you follow government advice and stay at home and avoid all non-essential travel.
  • Our marina receptions and other land-side facilities such as washrooms and laundries are closed to the public and berth holders until further notice.
  • Our office-based staff, wherever possible are working remotely. If you wish to contact the marina office, please do so via telephone or email where our staff are on hand to answer your queries, discuss your berthing renewal options, give you an update on your boat and take payments as normal.
  • Fuel is only available for essential commercial vessels and social distancing must be strictly adhered to while fuelling is taking place.
  • Our marina operatives remain on site carrying out essential work to help your boat remain safe and secure under the current circumstances. They are continuing with daily checks and essential marina maintenance as well as checking lines and fenders. If you have a specific concern you would like checked on your boat, while you remain at home following government advice, please do not hesitate to contact us.

This is a difficult time for all of us and with the sun shining we appreciate your continued support in following the government advice to stay at home. However, please rest assured that our teams are doing their best to take care of your boat amidst this uncertainty and are on hand via phone or email to answer your questions and allay any concerns you may have with regards to your boat.

We very much hope that as soon as the restrictions are formally lifted by the government, we will see you all down on your boats enjoying the sunshine and getting back on the water later this summer.

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We very much hope that as soon as the restrictions are formally lifted by the government, we will see you all down on your boats enjoying the sunshine and getting back on the water later this summer.

That seems unrealistically optimistic to me.

End of summer 2021 seems more likely from the technical stuff about it I've been reading. 

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

That seems unrealistically optimistic to me.

End of summer 2021 seems more likely from the technical stuff about it I've been reading. 

Nothing wrong with optimism in my book - so long as its tempered with reality - "later this summer" is arguably 6 months away and whilst we will definitely have problems to deal with/worry about it would good for our mental health now to feel we might at least be able to sit on our boats in the late summer sunshine.

We simply cant afford to support the economy for more than 3 months so IMHO some things will have to be relaxed by then leaving us to take our chances with the herd.

We do need an end to this sunshine though - it might be making us all feel better but people are still heading to  "beauty spots" around us in ridiculous numbers and the police aren't interested/able to respond (not a criticism) 

We need staying indoors to be more attractive esp this coming weekend.

• Greenie 1

I ordered a load of paint to recoat my roof and handrails in the wet dock booked for three weeks time. Then the curtain came down.

The money was taken but the paint never arrived (it will - the factory has shut down).

So I was sitting there thinking I got a expensive dock but no paint..... however dock have just phoned to say don't bother turning up. Will defer until things relax.

Sort of ironic good news!   :)

• Happy 1

Our local paint supplier has shut, however, symphony coatings are still open.

We have found Midland Chandlers delivery service absolutely top notch this week, a 12v fridge freezer, a gearbox and a Victron Combi delivered the next day after ordering.

Hi Mark

We are all in the same boat, so to speak......I’ve a pair of doors to decorate here at home, then that’s it for the duration. I’ve taken to resuming stained glass panels, another interest....until I ran short of lead to assemble them! The garden, on the other hand, is looking pretty good for the time of year. Stay safe, both.

• Happy 3