Looks like it don't pay to be over 65 in Spain and you have the virus!

nipper

Featured Posts

Wife took the dogs for a walk earlier and near Pillings lock there is 4 boats all moored close to each other and they all had the chairs out and were sat together drinking beer like it was just a normal day. 

• Angry 1

36 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Wife took the dogs for a walk earlier and near Pillings lock there is 4 boats all moored close to each other and they all had the chairs out and were sat together drinking beer like it was just a normal day. 

The problem is, for the country to have an average IQ there needs to be a huge number of people below the average.

An even bigger number number well below. By way of example who on earth are these people who have actually been fined? After being asked nicely by the cops?

Or like our neighbours having children and grandchildren visit every few days? 

We havent seen our family other than on Facebook messeger for about two and a half weeks now.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

37 minutes ago, Rickent said:

It would be a bit of an ask to get the already stretched police force to visit those numpties and fine them. If it's the usual ones who moor in that area, they probably dont even know theres a national lockdown yet, and wont until Eastenders and Coronation Street run out of episodes in late April.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

It would be a bit of an ask to get the already stretched police force to visit those numpties and fine them. If it's the usual ones who moor in that area, they probably dont even know theres a national lockdown yet, and wont until Eastenders and Coronation Street run out of episodes in late April.

Never mind that Eastenders and Coronation nonsense,  the Archers are down to 5 days a week, shit just got real

• Greenie 2
  • Horror 1

8 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Yes the sheer level of ignorance of current affairs in some people out there is breathtaking. Doing my gas training renewals just before the EU referendum and around about the peak of the media furore about it, I mentioned something about the referendum. About four in the room looked blankly at me and one asked what a referendum was. When I explained, one of them after thinking about it for a bit had the light bulb come on, and said "Oh yeah, I think I DID hear something about that on the radio the other day..."

Mind boggling ignorance.

7 hours ago, nipper said:

Looks like it don't pay to be over 65 in Spain and you have the virus!

Right now I don't think it pays to be in Spain, at any age, or with or without the virus.

Best place at the moment is safe at home, in your home country.

We must feel for those who in spite of making best efforts are now stranded away from home. 

Stay safe, stay home, and find enjoyment where you can

21 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes the sheer level of ignorance of current affairs in some people out there is breathtaking. Doing my gas training renewals just before the EU referendum and around about the peak of the media furore about it, I mentioned something about the referendum. About four in the room looked blankly at me and one asked what a referendum was. When I explained, one of them after thinking about it for a bit had the light bulb come on, and said "Oh yeah, I think I DID hear something about that on the radio the other day..."

Mind boggling ignorance.

quite scary actually!

1 minute ago, Markinaboat said:

quite scary actually!

Yes, isn't it! 

And it loses something in the recounting. To meet it face-to-face in real life, in real people is an order of magnitude more shocking.

29 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes the sheer level of ignorance of current affairs in some people out there is breathtaking. Doing my gas training renewals just before the EU referendum and around about the peak of the media furore about it, I mentioned something about the referendum. About four in the room looked blankly at me and one asked what a referendum was

I hope you told them "half past two".

1 minute ago, mark99 said:

I hope you told them "half past two".

Actually I started explaining the we were in the EU, then went back a step and started explaining what the EU actually was, at which point I gave. up and the conversation switched back to football. 

And then I reverted to being the ignorant one!

49 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

The problem is, for the country to have an average IQ there needs to be a huge number of people below the average.

An even bigger number number well below. By way of example who on earth are these people who have actually been fined? After being asked nicely by the cops?

Or like our neighbours having children and grandchildren visit every few days? 

We havent seen our family other than on Facebook messeger for about two and a half weeks now.

£30 fines, people must be so afraid.

There were people going to the gym etc during self quarantine at first in Norway. Many people shot off to their cabins in the country making problems for the rural health services. Fines of 20,000 krone, that's 1500 of your English pounds, were introduced and given out. This made people think about it. 15 days in jail as an alternative to the fine.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Actually I started explaining the we were in the EU, then went back a step and started explaining what the EU actually was, at which point I gave. up and the conversation switched back to football. 

What sort of boat did they own?

Just now, Thinkingallowed said:

£30 fines, people must be so afraid.

There were people going to the gym etc during self quarantine at first in Norway. Many people shot off to their cabins in the country making problems for the rural health services. Fines of 20,000 krone, that's 1500 of your English pounds, were introduced and given out. This made people think about it. 15 days in jail as an alternative to the fine.

Personally Id sanction tasering them. 

1 minute ago, Thinkingallowed said:

There were people going to the gym etc during self quarantine at first in Norway.

My line manger kept going to the gym until they were forced to close .

He is German.

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

They were "gas engineers", not boaters. 

Feek plummers like moi. 

Such people will never own a boat.

Therefore 

Boat owners have n average a higher then average IQ (except in Goole).

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Our neighbours today visited by their granddaughter from a town 20 miles away.

"Well we sat well apart".

Thick as mince.

Lol!

My preferred expression is "stupid as mud".