Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Rob-M

Boris in lockdown

Featured Posts

Breaking news on the telly that Boris Johnson has gone in to isolation after testing positive for coronavirus last night.

3 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Breaking news on the telly that Boris Johnson has gone in to isolation after testing positive for coronavirus last night.

Already in the Coronavirus thread.

Already mentioned in another thread, I think - these CWDFers don't hang about!

I hope he makes s speedy recovery - not just for his own sake, but because it will give the nation a welcome dose of optimism.

Boris on the Steam Radio "just now" said 'staying at home'. I can't believe that No:10 could be called home - even upstairs in the private quarters - or has he gone to Chequers?

33 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Boris on the Steam Radio "just now" said 'staying at home'. I can't believe that No:10 could be called home - even upstairs in the private quarters - or has he gone to Chequers?

The BBC news said he's staying in a flat above no. 11.

3 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

The BBC news said he's staying in a flat above no. 11.

Wasn't the private accommodation above No 11 swapped for No 10 by Blair or Cameron as it was more suitable for a family?

Might be needed if all Boris's children turned up at once.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

Did you see the numpties on ITV reporting it sat right next to each other

No I didn't but what a daft example to show.

I am only tuning into BBC at the moment at key points of the day for the daily briefing and 10 o'clock news etc.  I am finding some of the more sensationalist reporting elsewhere a bit grating and you can overdose on all the doom and gloom too.

Anyway too much to be getting on with.

2 minutes ago, churchward said:

I am only tuning into BBC at the moment at key points of the day for the daily briefing and 10 o'clock news etc.  I am finding some of the more sensationalist reporting elsewhere a bit grating and you can overdose on all the doom and gloom too.

You mean the idiot Morgan on ITV and Murdoch's mob on Sky.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, pete.i said:

You mean the idiot Morgan on ITV and Murdoch's mob on Sky.

Yes and others.

I have to say I don't really understand where the current popular loathing of Piers Morgan orginates?

I've only watched him on TV a couple of times but didn't think he was bad enough to warrant the level of vituperation he seems to elicit. Hi might be slightly irritating but for the most part I just felt indifferent to him. 

I can't help thinking it's just another exaggerated popular culture bandwagon that everybody jumps on. 

13 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I have to say I don't really understand where the current popular loathing of Piers Morgan orginates?

I've only watched him on TV a couple of times but didn't think he was bad enough to warrant the level of vituperation he seems to elicit. Hi might be slightly irritating but for the most part I just felt indifferent to him. 

I can't help thinking it's just another exaggerated popular culture bandwagon that everybody jumps on. 

A few years ago I saw some of a series of one-to-one interviews which he did, and I thought he was a very good interviewer.

He's also a keen cricketer (for Newick C.C. in Sussex) so his heart is obviously in the right place.

Edited by Athy

54 minutes ago, churchward said:

Exactly what I thought, people watching will think if its all right for ITV Newsreaders it'd alright for them.

2 hours ago, blackrose said:

well, theres the whole phone hacking thing

2 hours ago, churchward said:

I watch the announcement and then go to Al Jazeera News

Slightly more of a world view then back to local  BBC news at 1830

On 27/03/2020 at 15:18, blackrose said:

Ignore the hype and I have to say I think he talks a lot of sense and very often says what I am/we are thinking - I'm not a fan as such but its good to see some non PC challenging going on 

On 27/03/2020 at 12:58, Athy said:

I hope he makes s speedy recovery - not just for his own sake,

Especially as Dominic Raab is his stand in.

On 27/03/2020 at 17:25, Hudds Lad said:

well, theres the whole phone hacking thing

That, and a few other things saw him banished to the U.S. until he wore out his welcome over there and became widely despised. Public has a short memory where celebrities are concerned, and Morgan is reinventing himself in the populist mode.

I'm not a fan but didnt he fall out with the yanks because he expressed an opinion on their ridiculous gun laws?

I would prefer last night's government adviser / politician  to take over, he's got a grasp of the essentials and does not need to boost his ego with letter, a natural leader.

People have a radio, if not, give them one.

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

I would prefer last night's government adviser / politician  to take over, he's got a grasp of the essentials and does not need to boost his ego with letter, a natural leader.

Who was it?