Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
mrsmelly

Post Covid predictions please add

Featured Posts

As the title, I will start with some of my predictions

Local shops such as Butchers will see a big revival

Many companies will at last realise commuting for office jobs is numptyism and working from home will become the norm for office and other pen pushing jobs.

Car use will show some decline

Property, cars and boat prices will fall.

Cooking proper food at home will increase as people realise they have been eating processed muck for years.

Holidaying at home will increase.

• Greenie 4

1) Industrial Revolution - only folks 'making things' need to work in 'factory' Office workers to work from home, Ultra fast broadband  free of charge

2) Collapse of the EU

hopefully people night realise that they are not 'entitled' to a damn great SUV - even if it is a 'self charging hybrid' weighing over a ton. I am fed up with having to haul the dog into the brambles as some tosser roars past in a 4 X 4  thing. If it is 'Off Road' take the b****** off the road.

• Greenie 3

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

1) Industrial Revolution - only folks 'making things' need to work in 'factory' Office workers to work from home, Ultra fast broadband  free of charge

2) Collapse of the EU

1. Collapse of governments everywhere when people realise how badly they were screwed over

2. Collapse of EU-haters predicting collapse of the EU 😉

17 minutes ago, IanD said:

Collapse of EU-haters predicting collapse of the EU

I don't hate (that's a very strong word) the Eu, I hated being a member when it became (and was becoming even more so) a Federal State. If it had remained as a simple trade agreement than no one would have voted to leave.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't hate (that's a very strong word) the Eu, I hated being a member when it became (and was becoming even more so) a Federal State. If it had remained as a simple trade agreement than no one would have voted to leave.

Yes quite true, it realy was that simple innitt. But this is the virtual pub!!

Rees Mogg and the Chancellor everyone loves sit back smirking amongst their new found wealth after the stock market collapse.

• Greenie 1

37 minutes ago, Bee said:

hopefully people night realise that they are not 'entitled' to a damn great SUV - even if it is a 'self charging hybrid' weighing over a ton. I am fed up with having to haul the dog into the brambles as some tosser roars past in a 4 X 4  thing. If it is 'Off Road' take the b****** off the road.

Hear hear. More like 2 tons or more,  or recently 3 ton plus after a selfish greedy shopping spree.

• Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

So why did you used to keep making regular posts about the imminent collapse of the EU, and how much better off we'd be without it, or bad news about the economies of EU members like Germany ? If the cap fits... 😉 

46 minutes ago, Bee said:

hopefully people night realise that they are not 'entitled' to a damn great SUV - even if it is a 'self charging hybrid' weighing over a ton

Er, I'd think that the majority if modern cars weigh over a ton. Ours, a smallish Suzuki S-Cross hatchback, weighs just under a ton and a quarter. A Range Rover, I see, weighs two and a half tons.

Everyone will have a Digital ID, this will come about as part of a vaccination program, (perhaps even a microchip) all we need is the 'Mark of the beast' 666.

4 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

HS2 cancelled because video conferencing is reconised as being less expensive.

Yay!

57 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

As the title, I will start with some of my predictions

Local shops such as Butchers will see a big revival

Many companies will at last realise commuting for office jobs is numptyism and working from home will become the norm for office and other pen pushing jobs.

Car use will show some decline

Property, cars and boat prices will fall.

Cooking proper food at home will increase as people realise they have been eating processed muck for years.

Holidaying at home will increase.

I would go long with that although I am not sure about property prices the may go down in the short term but it may be people will put their money in property rather than the fickle money/stock markets.

Cars in cities will decline as they have been so more of a continuation rural not so much

We have always used our local butchers in Y Bala. They are a great supply of good (local produced) meat, some veg and other things they deliver to outlying villages too which is really good just now.  Prices are OK and the quality better than any supermarket.  They are busier than ever just now.

We cook most of our meals from scratch I just used up the last of the winter veg in a large vat of veg soup for freezing last night.

I would not be surprised with an increase in home growing veg for those with gardens either.

There will also sadly be a reckoning of the cost of all the state aid in one form or another as the country has to pay back the level of borrowing required. Tax in all forms will increase. 

Whether it will happen but what I would like to see is a change in attitude to celebrity (i.e.revered less) versus in what we are seeing what really matters just now in proper funding for public services valuing important jobs like Doctors and Nurses but all the roles in society that keep us safe, educated etc.

• Greenie 3

My middle son, a college trained butcher for 25 plus years. Left butchery three years ago to start a property business. Business has come to a temporary standstill, so has gone back to the shop he left. The shop has never been so busy. Last week served over 1300 customers. 

• Greenie 1

Off the cuff:

Cities ie London becomes less popular with those that have the wherewithall to be outside.

London remains crammed but with a greater proportion of the less advantaged.

Mass transport, particularly the Underground, becomes less popular.

Crossrail becomes regcognised as a mistake.

Supermarkets become recognised for the truly invaluable service they provide.

Business rates become negative for High Street retailers, ie they get paid to be there, in proportion to their receipts.

Supermarkets start selling provisions with a long shelf life, specifically for domestic stockpiling.

The government provides a recommendation as to personal stockpiling which gradually increases over the next ten years.

Education becomes primarily on-line, with teachers acting in a tutoring role, and supervising equipment usage eg chemical experiments.

People go around thanking God for saving them from the virus.

The supermarket delivery service is substantially increased and used.

International pressure on countries with unsatisfactory animal/people interactions exceed that on improving human rights.  The prospect of war on countries that persistently fall short becomes a possibility after the next highly-lethal & contagious virus appears.

Ventilators & other health equipment becomes a standard fitting in many institutions & places (& homes??).

A substantial reworking of current economic theory is launched.

The Labour Party closes.

• Happy 1

I am liking that one Nightwatch 

So my precipitations:

1: Folks will know more neighbours than before

2: Kids will know better how to entertain themselves

3: Drug dependency will drop, supply is getting tough up eer

4: I am going to have a real issue with new pants, M&S is going to stop selling clothes,

5: I envisage even  more problems justifying keeping, the Car, Motobike, canal boat and the two bikes. 

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Er, I'd think that the majority if modern cars weigh over a ton. Ours, a smallish Suzuki S-Cross hatchback, weighs just under a ton and a quarter. A Range Rover, I see, weighs two and a half tons.

Quite so, even my Morris Minor is 8Cwt.  Electric cars will weigh even more because of all the heavy batteries.

Frome Town will finally beat Thatcham and it will count - our first attempt this season saw the game abandoned when we led 2-0, the second attempt we won 3-0 but now the season has been declared null and void... 

House prices fall due to many coming on the market that couldn't during the lockdown.I think they will bounce back fairly quickly. 

Canal boat prices I think will fall for the same reason,but may recover slower because there may well be a period of austerity and CRT's income from the government may be cut or not increased leading to less maintenance and longer more frequent stoppages,so a lot of boaters may give up.

1 hour ago, churchward said:

I would go long with that although I am not sure about property prices the may go down in the short term but it may be people will put their money in property rather than the fickle money/stock markets.

I think property prices will fall substantially. As the govt debt racks up, we all have to pay it back through our taxes in the long term, so there will be less wealth sloshing around in the system to pay high prices for them.

29 minutes ago, churchward said:

Quite so, even my Morris Minor is 8Cwt.  

Less than half a ton? Really? I thought that even a 2CV weighed more than that, and they were notably lightly built.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Isn't that what the Labour Party were proposing before the election?