Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, Felshampo said:

Try telling that to all the parents trying to homeschool a small number of children, makes the real world dig seem a bit lame. 

Not really. Teachers never really leave school,(except for the late entrants). They do GCSE's at both levels, they then go to university and probably training college maybe with a year off for a Gap Year. They then start teaching in a school. They are not used to making decisions, procrastination  is their default attitude. They resist all attempts to qualify any level of achievement with every excuse going as to why pupils don't learn enough to take them into employment.

We now have the negative Blob telling us that it is not safe, but not engaging in any meaningful dialogue to join in the attempts to help the rest of us (we're all in it together) get back to some semblance of normality. They are happy to take on board all the negative scientific advice but totally  blank out all the positive scientific advice.

Try justifying that stance to all the parents who want to go back to work and earn a living but cannot if other sections of the community resist. Furloughing pays a little, but ignores any bonus payments, and a lot of people are significantly worse off. Teachers of course, like much of the public sector, have suffered no financial disruption. In fact, they are better off without having to cover travel costs. The real world dig is not lame when you look at the whole situation.

16 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I'd call that a graph, and I think a graph does need labelled axes and a title and possibly a key to mean much.  Otherwise it's just a pretty line that means nothing.

It is a schematic that illustrates to a large extent, the actions that can be taken when the 'R' level falls. There's none so blind as those who do not want to see.

18 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

Not really. Teachers never really leave school,(except for the late entrants). They do GCSE's at both levels, they then go to university and probably training college maybe with a year off for a Gap Year. They then start teaching in a school. They are not used to making decisions, procrastination  is their default attitude. They resist all attempts to qualify any level of achievement with every excuse going as to why pupils don't learn enough to take them into employment.

We now have the negative Blob telling us that it is not safe, but not engaging in any meaningful dialogue to join in the attempts to help the rest of us (we're all in it together) get back to some semblance of normality. They are happy to take on board all the negative scientific advice but totally  blank out all the positive scientific advice.

Try justifying that stance to all the parents who want to go back to work and earn a living but cannot if other sections of the community resist. Furloughing pays a little, but ignores any bonus payments, and a lot of people are significantly worse off. Teachers of course, like much of the public sector, have suffered no financial disruption. In fact, they are better off without having to cover travel costs. The real world dig is not lame when you look at the whole situation.

It is a schematic that illustrates to a large extent, the actions that can be taken when the 'R' level falls. There's none so blind as those who do not want to see.

This is a thread for humour and jokes - take it elsewhere please

2 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

This is a thread for humour and jokes - take it elsewhere please

Point taken, but I only replied to a previous post, one of several that also breaches the humour. I did say earlier in the thread that I would not respond to political comments, but there are some things I find hard to ignore. Maybe moderators shouldfilter out all such posts.

2 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

Point taken, but I only replied to a previous post, one of several that also breaches the humour. I did say earlier in the thread that I would not respond to political comments, but there are some things I find hard to ignore. Maybe moderators shouldfilter out all such posts.

Are you unable to self filter....?

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Are you unable to self filter....?

I am as capable as everyone else on this forum, and do so a lot more effectively than many. If I am subjected to a patronising tirade of politically biased comments, then even the finest of filters lets something pass.

15 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes. This is a cartoon about teachers, not politicians.

I think it’s more about militant teaching unions than teachers. Thus political, but still, if that’s ok, being rude/funny about idiot politicians should be ok as well?

• Horror 1

Just now, Stilllearning said:

I think it’s more about militant teaching unions than teachers. Thus political, but still, if that’s ok, being rude/funny about idiot politicians should be ok as well?

The members of teaching unions are teachers. The cartoon is about schools.

1 minute ago, Sir Nibble said:

And the above? "Tory style".

It was a marvellous sketch which has really stood the test of time and has been revamped many times. It's about social class.

What I got admonished for by the moderator was my response to a politically biased adaption of one of the Government advisory schematics. This thread has hadpolitical overtones from virtually the first page.

Some moderators, it seems , have different views to others. Maybe the whole thing should now be locked to avoid any further arguments.

13 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

Maybe the whole thing should now be locked to avoid any further arguments.

...and maybe it shouldn't, as the number of greenoes, laughing [points & c. bestowed upon many of the contributions shows that numerous members are enjoying it. Surely you would not wish to curtail their enjoyment?

Edited by Athy

2 hours ago, Athy said:

It was a marvellous sketch which has really stood the test of time and has been revamped many times. It's about social class.

Yes I know the sketch well. If you cannot see that this adaptation of it titled "stay alert, Tory style" and portraying the working class as expendable in the cause of the economy is highly political and an example of the virus being weaponised for a party political agenda then you are seriously lacking in discernment. The whole thrust of the thing is party political given the title.