Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

48 minutes ago, Jellybelly said:

If you don't feel aggrieved that's your choice but I do doubt your Irish credentials if you feel nothing , I'll leave you in your ignorance.

I didn't mention "aggrieved", I said that the post wasn't racist, which it isn't.

You are in no position to doubt my "credentials", the Irish ones or any others, because you are profoundly ignorant (in the strict meaning of that word) of everything about me.

Otherwise, what a useful and interesting post, congratulations!

35 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

Can we have only the funny memes and jokes posted here please, this thread is going off course in a bad direction.

Buck (and Matty), I am pleased to note that my last post was answered in a co-operative and amenable manner, so I think we are back on track now. 

I still wonder what a "bookface" is, though.

1 hour ago, Jellybelly said:

And your anecdote could have been just as funny without the need to bring in any nationality..

No it wouldn't have been, because the "Irish" thing hooks into the way Irish logic is faintly eccentric compared to English logic and endearingly amusing because of it. A lot of people who have holidayed in Ireland have experienced it first hand.

This is different from the meme that Irish people are thick, which I think you are objecting to really. And yes this is probably prejudice. Self-evident as you don't have to be Irish to be thick, and being thick doesn't make you Irish.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No it wouldn't have been, because the "Irish" thing hooks into the way Irish logic is faintly eccentric compared to English logic and endearingly amusing because of it.

I don't think we want to go there Mike ... certainly not starting from here. :giggles:

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

A message from a neighbour of ours :)

An awful long time ago I worked with Hinge and Bracket at the BBC in Manchester. I was a trainee engineer and they put me in different departments for a week each to "gain experience".

My first experience of handling a boom microphone (a microphone on a twelve foot pole held just out of shot over the performers head) was a live broadcast in front of a studio audience of Hinge and Bracket. No one told me their routine involved some sort of Mexican Dance and I had visions of a headline "Star suffers concussion after trainee sound engineer hits them over head"

• Greenie 1

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh look, proof you don't have to be Irish to be, um... Errrrr......

Oh nothing, forget it!

In other words, you don't know either.:D

Bookface involves strategically lining up your face or another body part alongside a book cover that features a matching body part so that there appears a melding of life and art. Librarians and other book lovers post these photos weekly on visual apps like Instagram, using the caption #BookfaceFriday.

6 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Bookface involves strategically lining up your face or another body part alongside a book cover that features a matching body part so that there appears a melding of life and art. Librarians and other book lovers post these photos weekly on visual apps like Instagram, using the caption #BookfaceFriday.

Lol, what a laugh! But I still think Mr Belly meant facebook....

But anyway, here's an example of bookface, nicked from pinterest.

245645137_Screenshot2020-04-16at11_37_35.png.eed4aac744e342e1ea692c2d9b9de974.png

Lots more here: 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/kearneylib/bookface/

On 15/04/2020 at 22:39, system 4-50 said:

If he is going to give away half an egg, there is no reason why he might not have given away 1.5 or n.5 eggs so there are multiple solutions?

Except that the original question stated ‘without breaking any eggs’. Dunno how you can give away half an egg without breaking it. 

On 15/04/2020 at 22:44, TheBiscuits said:

The maths would work for those cases, but the original problem was stated as "he meets [a person] who asks to buy half his eggs plus half an egg" so it seemed reasonable to solve for that. :) 

Plus he ended up with no eggs, so he must have had only 1 by the time he met the last person.