Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Paul Gwilliams said:

I tried using a dictionary once to help me spell a word.......but I didn't know how to spell it so gave up!

That is so true, but try telling someone who can spell that when you cant spell a word and they helpfully tell you to look it up in a dictionary. I can still remember many tens of years later trying to spell "sure"  its not in the dictionary under "sher" or similar. don't mention plows or is that ploughs.

16 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Don't mention plows or is that ploughs

Plows if you're American!

Words which include "ough" must be a minefield for people learning English as a foreign language. There are at least eight ways of pronouncing those letters.

Edited by Athy

33 minutes ago, Athy said:

Words which include "ough" must be a minefield for people learning English as a foreign language. There are at least eight ways of pronouncing those letters.

They are for English people who have problems spelling

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, Athy said:

"The rough, dough-faced ploughman fought through the borough to the lough, hiccoughing and coughing"

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

"The rough, dough-faced ploughman fought through the borough to the lough, hiccoughing and coughing"

Nine, excellent! Did you learn that at school?

For some reason it reminds me of our science master's way of remembering the colours of the spectrum: Real Old Yokels Guzzle Beer In Volumes.

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

For some reason it reminds me of our science master's way of remembering the colours of the spectrum: Real Old Yokels Guzzle Beer In Volumes.

That is a lot more repeatable than the sentence my Dad taught me for remembering the colour codes used on resistors!

• Greenie 3

1 hour ago, Athy said:

My teacher's was: Roll Out Your Guinness Boys, In Vats.

Is there some link between scientists and alcohol?

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Or Richard of York gained battles In vain.

The resistor colour code had one as well but it's a bit un pc so I won't post it.