Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

16 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

No, its not really funny - just another example of 'Trial by Media'.

When / if  Dominic is charged and convicted (or just plain fined), then that is the time to demand his resignation or termination. The papers and TV just love getting someone on the back foot and filling their pages with innuendo - and I don't mean about him making the trip - he obviously did -  but whether or not he broke the rules. All I've read that appears to be provable is that his wife got the bug so it was odds on that he would get it, so he went to family for support for his child - and then isolated himself for 14 days very close by.

If he has done more than that and broken any rules, let's see the evidence, and I'll be right at the front to get him out. Until then, he hasn't done anything that I wouldn't in the same circumstances.

So what support did he get from being near his family? (cannot have it both ways)

17 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

No, its not really funny - just another example of 'Trial by Media'.

When / if  Dominic is charged and convicted (or just plain fined), then that is the time to demand his resignation or termination. The papers and TV just love getting someone on the back foot and filling their pages with innuendo - and I don't mean about him making the trip - he obviously did -  but whether or not he broke the rules. All I've read that appears to be provable is that his wife got the bug so it was odds on that he would get it, so he went to family for support for his child - and then isolated himself for 14 days very close by.

If he has done more than that and broken any rules, let's see the evidence, and I'll be right at the front to get him out. Until then, he hasn't done anything that I wouldn't in the same circumstances.

It is entirely possible that I missed this, but when did Cummings mention any symptoms that relate to Covid19?

14 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

nobody has mentioned the near supernatural fuel economy he's managed to get from his Discovery, if he does resign/get sacked theres bound to be several F1 or WEC teams eager to employ him :D

I used to get 400 miles from my Disco.

He states :

He had a full tank when he left

He motored 260 miles to Durham

He went 30 miles to Barnard Castle and 30 miles back

He stopped for fuel on his way back South.

I do not agree with what he did but I see nothing 'supernatural' about his fuel economy.

All these quotes are from the BBC, in date order, and not edited selectively by me to show or hide anything material

“I suddenly got a call from my wife who was looking after our four-year-old child. She told me she suddenly felt badly ill." He went home and after a couple of hours his wife felt better and he returned to work”

Me :Not ‘well’, just better

Me: So that night he drove (without stopping for fuel or anything else) to his parents house (which has a separate guest building) so if his wife got worse, and he also got the bug, his child could be looked after by his parent

The next morning:-

“Mr Cummings says he woke up "in pain and clearly had Covid symptoms, including a bad headache and a serious fever”

Me: So his expectation of catching it was correct

Then, a couple of days later

“During the night, Mr Cummings' four-year-old son "threw up and had a bad fever". Following medical advice, an ambulance took the child to hospital. He was accompanied by Mr Cummings' wife”

All the info on which I’ve based my (so far!) decision is on reports I’ve read that are available to all. If others want to come to a guilty verdict on their readings, that’s your privilege, but so far I have seen no clear evidence that he did anything other than care for his family.

Be good if this thread was left to its (sometimes) humorous intentions. I thought the political area was for stuff like this (which, I appreciate, I breached after others did).

6 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

All these quotes are from the BBC, in date order, and not edited selectively by me to show or hide anything material

“I suddenly got a call from my wife who was looking after our four-year-old child. She told me she suddenly felt badly ill." He went home and after a couple of hours his wife felt better and he returned to work”

Me :Not ‘well’, just better

Me: So that night he drove (without stopping for fuel or anything else) to his parents house (which has a separate guest building) so if his wife got worse, and he also got the bug, his child could be looked after by his parent

The next morning:-

“Mr Cummings says he woke up "in pain and clearly had Covid symptoms, including a bad headache and a serious fever”

Me: So his expectation of catching it was correct

Then, a couple of days later

“During the night, Mr Cummings' four-year-old son "threw up and had a bad fever". Following medical advice, an ambulance took the child to hospital. He was accompanied by Mr Cummings' wife”

All the info on which I’ve based my (so far!) decision is on reports I’ve read that are available to all. If others want to come to a guilty verdict on their readings, that’s your privilege, but so far I have seen no clear evidence that he did anything other than care for his family.

Be good if this thread was left to its (sometimes) humorous intentions. I thought the political area was for stuff like this (which, I appreciate, I breached after others did).

In that reportage, where does he mention he, his wife or his child having Covid specific symptoms?

1 minute ago, Stilllearning said:

In that reportage, where does he mention he, his wife or his child having Covid specific symptoms?

I guess the bit where he said:

“Mr Cummings says he woke up "in pain and clearly had Covid symptoms, including a bad headache and a serious fever”

48 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

#KayBurley - What's the government's advice if you're struggling with covid-19 & its affected your eyesight? Michael Gove - We advise people to seek medical advice #KayBurley - so it's not to get in a car... with your four-year-old strapped in the back?

No, not unless you also have your wife in the car as well... ?