Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

To be completely honest, some paper hacking his (Dom) phone now would be completely in the public interest.

The term slithy tove fits perfectly and needs to be sorted.....whatever collateral damage it causes to the spineless bunch.

Edited by matty40s

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Never mind

That is hardly an explanation. Obviously you don't understand it either but your reply could be seen as condescending.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

What is meant by a 'facepalm moment', as used in some Quora ...

That doesn't really help much either. The man at the wheel looks rather like Dr. Shipman, but as he has nothing to do with the corona virus, I'm probably on the wrong track there.

Edited by Athy

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

Obviously you don't understand it either but your reply could be seen as condescending.

I do

Its not (its just exasperation)

Look at the sign on the grass 

Look who is doing what to that sign

Look where the traffic sign says they are

What story is uppermost in the press currently - even more frequently discussed than the daily C19 deaths ?

Could any living person really be so unaware of current affairs ?

Edited by Alan de Enfield

31 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I do

Its not (its just exasperation)

Look at the sign on the grass 

Look who is doing what to that sign

Look where the traffic sign says they are

What story is uppermost in the press currently - even more frequently discussed than the daily C19 deaths ?

Could any living person really be so unaware of current affairs ?

The sign in the grass is illegible on my screen.

Is your last line some sort of a dig?

Edited by Athy

No, its not really funny - just another example of 'Trial by Media'.

When / if  Dominic is charged and convicted (or just plain fined), then that is the time to demand his resignation or termination. The papers and TV just love getting someone on the back foot and filling their pages with innuendo - and I don't mean about him making the trip - he obviously did -  but whether or not he broke the rules. All I've read that appears to be provable is that his wife got the bug so it was odds on that he would get it, so he went to family for support for his child - and then isolated himself for 14 days very close by.

If he has done more than that and broken any rules, let's see the evidence, and I'll be right at the front to get him out. Until then, he hasn't done anything that I wouldn't in the same circumstances.

• Greenie 1
  • Angry 1

27 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

No, its not really funny - just another example of 'Trial by Media'.

When / if  Dominic is charged and convicted (or just plain fined), then that is the time to demand his resignation or termination. The papers and TV just love getting someone on the back foot and filling their pages with innuendo - and I don't mean about him making the trip - he obviously did -  but whether or not he broke the rules. All I've read that appears to be provable is that his wife got the bug so it was odds on that he would get it, so he went to family for support for his child - and then isolated himself for 14 days very close by.

If he has done more than that and broken any rules, let's see the evidence, and I'll be right at the front to get him out. Until then, he hasn't done anything that I wouldn't in the same circumstances.

I dont see how he can be fine, I thought the police had a word and if you didn't then go home they could give you an on the spot fine £60, as they didn't tell him to go home I don't see what they can do now. I know its trial by media but when you make rules for others and expect them to obey them but don't yourself, you are wide open. Yes lots of us would have done the same but also lots didn't and stood by while loved ones died alone. I would imagine it hasn't made their grief any easier. If he left work because he was showing symptoms of the virus was he safe to drive his family all that way. I am sure a person in his position could easily have made other arrangements, I bet Boris didn't get his own meals etc. when he was first ill or Price Charles. 

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I dont see how he can be fine, I thought the police had a word and if you didn't then go home they could give you an on the spot fine £60, as they didn't tell him to go home I don't see what they can do now. I know its trial by media but when you make rules for others and expect them to obey them but don't yourself, you are wide open. Yes lots of us would have done the same but also lots didn't and stood by while loved ones died alone. I would imagine it hasn't made their grief any easier. If he left work because he was showing symptoms of the virus was he safe to drive his family all that way. I am sure a person in his position could easily have made other arrangements, I bet Boris didn't get his own meals etc. when he was first ill or Price Charles. 

The point is not the mechanism by which he made his judgement. The point is that, like the rest of us, it's a decision he wasn't empowered to make.

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

What is meant by a 'facepalm moment', as used in some Quora ...

4a276a9b297e8ae904ac3a714203ad3e.jpg

• Greenie 1

Definately lacking in judgement. I mean what sane person goes for a drive if he thinks his eyesight may be defective? Let alone taking his wife and child with him.

He was risking his life, their lives and the lives of any innocent motorists he may not have seen and crashed into. Any accident would have put the NHS under even more strain.

There again perhaps he is good at making up implausible excuses...

Edited by cuthound
Spillung
  • Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Definately lacking in judgement. I mean what sane person goes for a drive if he thinks his eyesight may be defective? Let alone taking his wife and child with him.

He was risking his life, their lives and the lives of any innocent motorists he may not have seen and crashed into. Any accident would have put the NHS under even more strain.

There again perhaps he is good at making upimplausible excuses...

But yesterday they denied he went out. Didn't they also deny that the police visited until the force said they did. But I also understand several of the other parties have done the same. 

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But yesterday they denied he went out. Didn't they also deny that the police visited until the force said they did. But I also understand several of the other parties have done the same. 

Excuses it would seem, evolve.