Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

Teacher's assessment of government graph;

"Do you think it is realistic to assume R won’t rise above 1 when we reopen schools, workplaces, bars, restaurants and shops?”

They also called for the X and y axis to be  labelled, a title to be added and a key to be included before subtly suggesting that an evaluation was not attempted.

“Is there anything you could have done differently that could possibly have reduced the steepness of the curve?”, it asked.

The teachers final assessment read as follows:

“This work falls well below the standards required to meet your target grade. This is becoming a recurring theme of my feedback to you.”

21b06d2c-teacher-e1589267872557.jpg

• Greenie 3

7 hours ago, Phoenix_V said:

Teacher's assessment of government graph;

"Do you think it is realistic to assume R won’t rise above 1 when we reopen schools, workplaces, bars, restaurants and shops?”

They also called for the X and y axis to be  labelled, a title to be added and a key to be included before subtly suggesting that an evaluation was not attempted.

“Is there anything you could have done differently that could possibly have reduced the steepness of the curve?”, it asked.

The teachers final assessment read as follows:

“This work falls well below the standards required to meet your target grade. This is becoming a recurring theme of my feedback to you.”

21b06d2c-teacher-e1589267872557.jpg

Dear Teacher,

This is not a graph, it is a representation of potential actions which may be taken at certain points of the developing situation, relative to the progression of the 'R' rate. Therefore it needs no time scale or axis labelling or any evaluation. Open your mind and look deeper at the item presented to you. As the curve illustrates the actual results catalogued daily, it is a perfectly valid illustration for a set of responses to a potential development.

As an aside, whilst you point out that the 'R' rate is still at 0.9 in SOME areas, it is down to 0.5 in SOME OTHER areas.

( I only got 6 'O' levels, and 2 of those were Scripture and Latin, but I think it stands up quite well against your degree and post graduate teacher training. But then again, I left school and live in the real world.)

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Ex Brummie said:

As the curve illustrates the actual results catalogued daily

I'd call that a graph, and I think a graph does need labelled axes and a title and possibly a key to mean much.  Otherwise it's just a pretty line that means nothing.

• Greenie 2

10 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

But then again, I left school and live in the real world

Try telling that to all the parents trying to homeschool a small number of children, makes the real world dig seem a bit lame. 

Edited by Felshampo
  • Greenie 1