Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yup 27 minutes and its still not loaded.

The post loads straight away for me. It also loads instantly for me in your post #576 where you quote it.

Maybe your internet/ PC has problems too Alan. ?

If it is causing problems loading for some, or because it is a re-post (unbeknownst to me as I haven't checked every post in this thread before adding it) maybe a mod can remove it. It would be a shame though, as it may be funny enough to remind Alan what actual humour looks like.

11 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

.  Each of the other points I made against Ex Brummie's post I stand behind too.

Your obvious political bias is summed up in the one response that if Labour had been in control for the last 10 years we would have had enough PPE.

As regards EC reports re signing up to the communal supplies, where are they? Pictures of naked doctors and nurses in Germany there tell a different story.

Yes, we the public have controlled it by following Government advice/dictats.

We have not had people dying in corridors or ambulances waiting to be admitted, like Italy. Instead we get criticism for creating the Nightingale facilities as they appear to be underused. It remains to be seen whether we shall have an increase in infection like Germany, ( who are still easing lockdown), but I doubt it.

The media has done nothing but attack the government, but then again we are out of the EU so they have no other whipping point. Today, despite the official figures that show the testing promise was more than met (by over 25%), Labour are disputing the figures released, purely for political point scoring.

The Scottish First Minister allegedly set out a plan for easing lockdown, but this has no substance. Have you seen that Scotland is the only part of the U>K> where infection is still increasing, and this with a population approximately 1/2 of London alone.

Looking at the pictures of incursions of social distancing, I don't see too many crusties running along towpaths, or sunbathing on Brighton beach. They are predominantly in the 20 -35 year age group.

We need to stand together in these times. Leave the political point scoring until we are back to (not the new) normal. We'll have lots of problems to solve in paying for this global catastrophe, it just pains me to think that the probable country of source of it will benefit most from it because we have become so used to their cheap manufacturing capacity that it is impossible to do without it, not just clothing and PPE but electronics and technology.

Edit again to add I will make no further response to this thread until I can laugh at posted content

Edited by Ex Brummie
  • Greenie 1

22 hours ago, Jellybelly said:

The post loads straight away for me. It also loads instantly for me in your post #576 where you quote it.

Maybe your internet/ PC has problems too Alan. ?

If it is causing problems loading for some, or because it is a re-post (unbeknownst to me as I haven't checked every post in this thread before adding it) maybe a mod can remove it. It would be a shame though, as it may be funny enough to remind Alan what actual humour looks like.

Well it wont load for me and I'm on a 100mbs internet connection.

5 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

The NHS in Scotland is totally devolved to the Scottish Parliament and all policy and spending decisions are made in Scotland.

So What!

The meaning is equally applicable in England if not more so.

3 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

Strange times we're living in... It's unprecedented the amount of times people have google searched 'Unprecidented'!

I saw pictures the other day of footballers kicking a ball around in training that were apparently "incredible pictures". I find that if you mentally filter out the word "incredible" and replace it with a sort of breathless giggle the sentence usually makes more sense.

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1